Scan Bernardino

Want to see something added or changed on ScanRiverside? This is the place to voice your comments. Everyone is encouraged to report any problems or suggestions that will help improve the site.
cvrules90

Scan Bernardino

Post by cvrules90 »

Just so everybody knows, it's been shut down for quite some time now.
egilstrap62

Re: Scan Bernardino

Post by egilstrap62 »

is their scan o.c. or l.a. guys i did not know scan bernardino. ed
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

This one is pretty good for L.A. area: http://www.code2high.com/index.htm Radioreference is good, so is Cityfreq and Freqof Nature, but it hasn't been updated since 2009. A hard copy of Southern California Frequency Directory if you can find one somewhere. Police Call Southern CA edition was the ultimate for many years, but they guy who published it passed away, so no mas.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

egilstrap62 wrote:is their scan o.c. or l.a. guys i did not know scan bernardino. ed
If you are only looking for freqs. then the sites listed by sp1989 are good. Radio Reference should be all you need for freqs. If you are looking for scanning forums for those areas, I don't know of any for those areas.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

The RR forums are good, but I am a member of Intercept Radio. You should check them out they're a lot like RR.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Yes I let ScanBernardino expire. It never really took off and had single digit daily visitors, so I figured it wasn't worth keeping.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:Yes I let ScanBernardino expire. It never really took off and had single digit daily visitors, so I figured it wasn't worth keeping.
I learned more from that website about SBC than Radio Reference.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

RadioReference is the shit IF you have a premium subscription and you have Starrsoft products, like Win 97. It makes programming SO much simpler, especially with trunked systems that need fleet maps and that kinda stuff and talk groups. For just basic frequencies, like mil air, feds, etc, it's OK, but there are a lotta gaps that other sources cover better. Just my 2 cents worth....
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:RadioReference is the shit IF you have a premium subscription and you have Starrsoft products, like Win 97. It makes programming SO much simpler, especially with trunked systems that need fleet maps and that kinda stuff and talk groups. For just basic frequencies, like mil air, feds, etc, it's OK, but there are a lotta gaps that other sources cover better. Just my 2 cents worth....
Premium subscriptions cost money which is why I don't want one, and not many trunked systems require fleet maps. Really only Motorola Type 1 and Type 3 require fleet maps (like the previous Palm Springs Police radio). And, Type 1 is slowly on its way out.