Police Callsigns

Want to see something added or changed on ScanRiverside? This is the place to voice your comments. Everyone is encouraged to report any problems or suggestions that will help improve the site.
cvrules90

Police Callsigns

Post by cvrules90 »

Do any of you think that we should include identifiers for all police forces in Riverside County? RIght now the only ones there are RSO, CDF RRU, RPD, and Murrieta. I think we should add places like Banning, Blythe, Corona, and Hemet for those who listen regularly. Just a thought.
retiredFD07

Re: Police Callsigns

Post by retiredFD07 »

I don't see a problem with that.

<>< Mike
brandon

Post by brandon »

cvrules90 wrote:Do any of you think that we should include identifiers for all police forces in Riverside County? RIght now the only ones there are RSO, CDF RRU, RPD, and Murrieta. I think we should add places like Banning, Blythe, Corona, and Hemet for those who listen regularly. Just a thought.
Hello. I would be happy to add them. Feel free to post what you have and I will add them to the site.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

If I remember correctly, Palm Springs Police was "Paul." At least their patrol units were.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

At one point, pretty much all RivCo agencies used the same designators and 10 codes as RSO. They used RSO report forms, too. That's a thing of the past, just like unencrypted radio traffic.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:At one point, pretty much all RivCo agencies used the same designators and 10 codes as RSO. They used RSO report forms, too. That's a thing of the past, just like unencrypted radio traffic.
From what I see, everyone has the same codes and they all use the term safety check.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Nothing weird, like LASD and their 9-codes.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Nothing weird, like LASD and their 9-codes.
Still the callsigns would make the website prettier. RR keeps a lot of things for the purpose of reference. Like conventional frequencies no longer of use long after agency(ies) has/ve gone trunked.