Forums not updating

Want to see something added or changed on ScanRiverside? This is the place to voice your comments. Everyone is encouraged to report any problems or suggestions that will help improve the site.
cvrules90

Forums not updating

Post by cvrules90 »

I have noticed that whenever I visit, the topics on the home page are not updating no mater what. I understand if someone's filed this complaint already, but take it from me too nevertheless.
sp1989

Re: Forums not updating

Post by sp1989 »

Me, too.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Thanks I will look into it.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:Thanks I will look into it.
Good deal Brandon! Maybe a reboot?
brandon

Post by brandon »

Still trying to figure this one out. I will try to find a solution this weekend hopefully. Looks like I may have to pull from the phpBB mysql db instead of using RSS like I was doing before. That method does not want to work anymore. Not totally sure why though.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:Still trying to figure this one out. I will try to find a solution this weekend hopefully. Looks like I may have to pull from the phpBB mysql db instead of using RSS like I was doing before. That method does not want to work anymore. Not totally sure why though.
That's too bad. You gotta hate when technology goes down on ya.
tk353

Post by tk353 »

I kind of like this format. You have to do some research and also gives you a chance to scroll some past topics.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

tk353 wrote:I kind of like this format. You have to do some research and also gives you a chance to scroll some past topics.
Perhaps maybe integrate the forums with the rest of the topics, like access them within the website as opposed to have a seperate link (like how you can access frequencies).
brandon

Post by brandon »

cvrules90 wrote: Perhaps maybe integrate the forums with the rest of the topics, like access them within the website as opposed to have a seperate link (like how you can access frequencies).
I tried that a year ago but people did not like it. So I went back to having the forums separate.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Don't know what else to tell ya then!