New Uniden BCD536HP Owner here...

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
coruptr

New Uniden BCD536HP Owner here...

Post by coruptr »

Hello,

I'm anxiously waiting for FedEx to deliver my scanner. I have a few questions to get me up and running as quick as possible. I'm well aware of the ease of setting up the scanner, however, my questions are more along the lines of interfacing the scanner to a PC. Specifically, I'd like to hear about what software you guys use to track coms and how best to go about monitoring trunking systems.

Given the recent tragedy in San Bernardino I'd like to know more about whats going on in the community around me. So any insight you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin
John L

Re: New Uniden BCD536HP Owner here...

Post by John L »

Scanner Master sent me an e-mail a few days ago promoting this new Scanner. I looked it over and it appeared to be a very advanced type of Scanner . GPS,Zip Codes,P 25 Digital and a lot of Bells and Whistles.If you have the ability and mindset to learn and understand all of the functions of this style receiver you will be fine.But you have to stay on it and really keep it and your brain functioning as one. I'm in my 60's now and don't remember as I used to .My scanners are pretty basic but I have to pull and review the Instruction Manuals every time I do something with them.Then I say to myself "oh yeah, I remember that now" but a month later I'm doing the same thing again.Some folks here are sharp and have no problems. Others of us want it as simple as can be.I wish you well. Keep in mind that there are very few Law Enforcement Cities that are Broadcasting in the open. San Bernardino City still is but I have read that it won't be for much longer.San Bernardino Sheriff is still in the open. Best of luck and let us know how it is working fo you.
John L

Post by John L »

Hello Justin,

Just following up to see if you have received your new BCD536HP Scanner and if you had it up and going. Let us know.
coruptr

Post by coruptr »

Hi John,

Yes, I've managed to get the scanner configured. I decided on the BuTel ARC536 software suite. It allowed me to easily import items from Radio Reference database in the the scanner. It also offers logging and virtual control.

I haven't had much time lately to use the scanner, however, the logging feature of ARC536 software helps with discovery of new systems. Hopefully, with the holiday's behind me, I'll finally have a chance to get back to scanning.

I'm particularly interested in scanning for Federal frequencies with hopes of finding active near by systems.

Thanks again for you post and the follow up request.

Justin