Win 96 Software

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
John L

Win 96 Software

Post by John L »

Hello All
I've been using Win 96 Software on my Pro 2096 for about 10 years or so. It works great for what it is. I had let the software sit idle for about 4 years and manually added frequencies to my scanner here and there. A few weeks ago I started using it again to get my Pro-2096 a little more current with new frequencies. The only issue I have is every time I open it I have to re-enter the Registration info even though it tells me that the Registration Info is correct and will be stored.Close the program and next time I use it , it wants me to re-enter the info again.It won't stay in the Software memory.Other than that it uploads and downloads just fine. I didn't have this issue with it back in the day. Nothing on the Starsoft Software page.

Thanks,

John
brandon

Re: Win 96 Software

Post by brandon »

Try right clicking on it, choose Run as Administrator... then fill in the registration info once it asks and see if that allows it to save.
John L

Post by John L »

Thanks Brandon. It doesn't give me the Administrator option. When I right click it shows your typical open with, properties , ect. I see that my version is 2008. Starsoft shows a few updated versions up to 2011. Possibly I should update even though the program works fine with the exception of the Registration.

i also have the Win 97 software that I run on my Pro-97. It works great and retains the Registration as it should.

Go figure!!!
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

If you haven't used it in years, I would download and install it again. That has fixed problems I have had in the the past, I use Win 96 & Win 97 as well.
John L

Post by John L »

It's working fine now.

I needed to run as Administrator on the EXE file and enter the registration info. Brandon suggested this yesterday but I didn't try it on the EXE file.I tried it on a copy of the most recent download from my PRO-2096.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

(Guess that there is no reason to save the old RSO EDACS Files !!!)