Hemet Fire

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.

Hemet Fire

Post by 31057 »

Anyone know if Hemet FD is having any comm problems? Or maybe they narrow-banded? Have had no problem picking them up for the longest time and all of a sudden 4 days ago nothing but scratch.
scanfaned

Re: Hemet Fire

Post by scanfaned »

Have you heard them since you posted your inquiry? I was curious and just monitored for a few hours this afternoon, not hearing a thing. I may be out of range of them, however usually had no problem getting them.

Post by 31057 »

Havent heard anything. PD dispatch I can still hear loud and clear.
scanfaned

Post by scanfaned »

Same here. It does seem that Hemet Fire must have made some sort of change. Hmmmm

Post by 31057 »

Able to hear again! They must have been having comm problems as they were doing a lot of radio testing yesterday.
scanfaned

Post by scanfaned »

I am hearing them again as well. There is a report on RR that they moved over to their Public Works frequency of 154.995 for a while. No idea why they did so, however there must have been something going on in the background.
scanfaned

Post by scanfaned »

And the plot thickens... Tonight, 6pm Monday, Hemet Fire is back to or still dispatching on PW 154.995.
scanfaned

Post by scanfaned »

A bit more info... At 1530 today (Wednesday), an All Call was done on "Local Government", advising all stations to go back to "Hemet Fire Main", as the channel was operating again, or something to that effect. A few moments later, a roll call was conducted on Hemet Fire Main.

Appears that what ever the issue was, has been resolved.