Nice Job Brandon!

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
TEMSCANFAN

Nice Job Brandon!

Post by TEMSCANFAN »

Thanks for getting this site up and running, hopefully we can share many new insights. For a new user like myself this tool should help lessen the learning curve.
brandon

Re: Nice Job Brandon!

Post by brandon »

Thanks for the kind words :mrgreen:
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

OH, so you're the guy who runs this AWESOME site?? The same Brandon from RR and the--I think--the former IE-Scanner.org site that I used to moderate until my friend/board owner Scott took it down??

I've been curious as to who was running this, as it's the kind of site that i wanted to have, but could never seem to finish it. Dude, you've done a great job here, and it's great to finally see the IE get the scanning resource we have so long deserved!
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hi Mike: Affirm I am the same guy from RR :mrgreen: however must have been a different person on the IE-Scanner.org site. Was never fortunate enough to visit that website as I did not live in Riverside County at the time. I do remember your Inland Empire Scanner page from a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
ke6alv

Post by ke6alv »

Glad you liked it. Hey, unless I'm blind, where did the Google map of the County Fire stations go? I've been monitoring them for 22 years, so I know where most of the stations are, ;) but the map was pretty cool, especially for my wife who hasn't memorized all the western county stations yet. (She's a fellow scanner geek; we met through the IE Scanning Yahoogroup I used to run.)

BTW, saw that you listed my employer. I don't have an LTR-capable scanner, so I can't scan them if they're not on the Home channel. Besides, who'd want to listen to your employer when you're off duty??!! Oh, and BTW, I never found out who was on that other freq. I need to bring my 440 HT with me to work again and listen to them. I can kerchunk their repeater from the office... ;)
brandon

Post by brandon »

Here is the link to the Map: http://www.scanriverside.com/rvcfirestations.php
That is really cool to hear about how you met your wife. It's good to have the same interests and I'm sure it makes buying expensive scanners a little easier too :D
brandon

Post by brandon »

If your referring to the UHF freq (463.525) I suspect it might be Town and Country. They use callsigns such as "TC-xx" (xx = number) so it would be a good guess I suppose. One of these days I'll watch the CHP CAD and see if I can match the traffic up to confirm. Let me know what you think.
mmortus

Post by mmortus »

Great Site