Radio shop in the Inland Empire???

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
convE36

Radio shop in the Inland Empire???

Post by convE36 »

Anyone know of a place to buy scanners in the Inland Empire BESIDES Radio Shack?

Please list any that you know of!! Thanks!!!!
ke6alv

Re: Radio shop in the Inland Empire???

Post by ke6alv »

Radio Shack? You mean the place that used to rule but now they don't know the difference between a AA battery and a AAA??!

While it's not the IE, you can try a trip down the 91 to HRO (Ham Radio Outlet) in Anaheim. 91 west to Euclid, south about a half mile, in a strip mall on the right. 933 N. Euclid, just south of La Palma. Looking at catalog I picked up, they've got a bunch of GRE scanners, as well as Uniden 396, 246, 996, 898. No prices listed for the Unidens, though.

Great place, took the non-ham wife there two weeks ago while on the way to Knott's. She loved it. Didn't buy anything, though. :(

http://www.hamradio.com or 1-800-854-6046
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

ke6alv wrote:Radio Shack? You mean the place that used to rule but now they don't know the difference between a AA battery and a AAA??!
This reminds me of the old RS slogan. "You've got questions, we've got answers" or something like that.

I think it is more like "You've got questions, we've got dumb looks."
John L

Post by John L »

Here's a link for The Ham Radio Outlet.

http://www.hamradio.com/web/hrocat.html

You may need to copy and paste the web link into your browser.

They have a nice online catalog that you can view in sections.The Radio Shack in MoVal
( Sunnymead & Heacock)does a great job. They are up on their scanners.The one in Perris is a waste of time unless YOU know what you are looking for.

John in MoVal
convE36

Post by convE36 »

Hey thanks for the great info! I will have to check them out sometime! I made my most recent purchase at scannermaster.com (New Uniden BC246T)

Seemed to be the cheapest at only $219. Although the shipping seems to take forever coming from the east coast :/