Weird stuff on Riverside PD/FD feed

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

Weird stuff on Riverside PD/FD feed

Post by cvrules90 »

I don't know how many people noticed, but it seems like I can hear some conversations going on on the Riverside PD/FD audio feed. It seems like some people were just talking about something like some parties or phone calls.

Also, I can hear lot's of trains going off in the background. Lots of open mikes lately and even some beeps like in an actual hospital or something. (An officer was just talking to dispatch when I heard the aforementioned beeps in the background).

Am I the only one, or did somebody notice all this werid stuff?
brandon

Re: Weird stuff on Riverside PD/FD feed

Post by brandon »

LOL it sounds like whoever is doing the feed forgot to turn off their external microphone. I just listened to the archive and heard a woman talking and dropping f-bombs.. :lol:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Really?! I don't remember hearing that. I had the 5-0 app on my iPhone turned on and was having dinner with my phone in the pocket so was hard to hear. But I did here some slammng doors in the comm center. There was even a big fuzz so Riverside must be excited about the new P-25 system as well.
brandon

Post by brandon »

It sounds like they are feeding it using an external microphone rather than using a 3.5mm cable. While I could hear RPD in the background, the people talking were much louder. Hope they get that one fixed. Could be embarrassing if it were in the wrong room... heh :mrgreen:
Lt51506

Post by Lt51506 »

I heard several F-bombs yesterday, as well as kids getting chewed out for drawing on themselves with a sharpie. Let's not even get into the railroad horns..LOL. Today, it was blantly crear that some teenages didn't want to do their homework. Hmm, must be a Navy household...f-bombs in mass.

I agree w/ Brandon, sounds like a desk mic is used as the feed source.

Tom
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

If I hadn't known better, I would've thought it had to do with the cops' coffee and doughnut hyperactivity lol!

My mom was around and we both noticed it and she was like "What the hell is going on with the cops?" :o :?