Highway Patrol help

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
4and6

Re: Highway Patrol help

Post by 4and6 »

Martin wrote:Glad to know I will because last year I lost Beaumont to digital encryption and soon I will loose RSO to the same thing. I was going to buy a digital scanner but whats the point when everything I wanna hear is encrypted ? I

Chp is digital on the extenders
Border patrol is digital
Lots of Feds use digital
More and more depts. going digital.... 8-)
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote:
Martin wrote:Glad to know I will because last year I lost Beaumont to digital encryption and soon I will loose RSO to the same thing. I was going to buy a digital scanner but whats the point when everything I wanna hear is encrypted ? I

Chp is digital on the extenders
Border patrol is digital
Lots of Feds use digital
More and more depts. going digital.... 8-)
I could have SWORN that Border Patrol was totally encrypted. Maybe it depends on the area.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

cvrules90 wrote:
4and6 wrote:
brandon wrote:42.440 recently changed PL tone to 179.9
It used to be 162.2
Exactly. That happened a couple weeks ago. :mrgreen:
I had no idea. I don't care too much for CHP anyway so maybe that's it.
I know what you mean. I used to work for a news place and my job was to listen to scanners for breaking news like accidents & such. It sounded good when I applied, but the thrill was gone when I discovered it was 15 or 20 scanners all programmed with only CHP channels. I remember working the day the airliner crashed in Cerritos and hearing in unfold from the first calls coming in. There was some kind of riot at a surf event in OC that day as well, IIRC.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

OC police depts are all encrypted, but it must have been exciting. I would love to be getting paid just to sit back and follow scanner chatter. Must have been fun while you worked there.
Queeg-fan

Post by Queeg-fan »

Hi there , I could use little Highway Patrol help as well . I live out in Banning and Highway Patrol is about all I have left . I monitor 42.440000 Red Bor . Dispatch comes in very strong loud and clear but I can never hear the patrol cars. Anyone know why ? I monitor further away areas and get both sides . Although the signals are weaker I still can hear the patrol cars
brandon

Post by brandon »

Queeg-fan wrote:Hi there , I could use little Highway Patrol help as well . I live out in Banning and Highway Patrol is about all I have left . I monitor 42.440000 Red Bor . Dispatch comes in very strong loud and clear but I can never hear the patrol cars. Anyone know why ? I monitor further away areas and get both sides . Although the signals are weaker I still can hear the patrol cars
Unfortunately the San G/Indio/Blythe CHP is the one holdout that never went repeated. The cars can be heard on 42.280, and the dispatcher will be heard on 42.440. It's too bad they never decided to repeat this CHP office.