Highway Patrol help

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
Martin

Highway Patrol help

Post by Martin »

I have a Pro-107 scanner I have been using about 2 years. I live on the east side of Banning and used to receive local Highway Patrol on 42.440000 and 42.280000 . Lately I haven't been getting anything. From reading this site I learned they are working on a change over . Can anyone give me the new freqs to replace the ones I was receiving for my area ? I still receive some of the other older channels from further away like Riverside and even Orange County.. Please go easy on me my scanner skills are at the beginner level . Any help would be appreciated .
cvrules90

Re: Highway Patrol help

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:I have a Pro-107 scanner I have been using about 2 years. I live on the east side of Banning and used to receive local Highway Patrol on 42.440000 and 42.280000 . Lately I haven't been getting anything. From reading this site I learned they are working on a change over . Can anyone give me the new freqs to replace the ones I was receiving for my area ? I still receive some of the other older channels from further away like Riverside and even Orange County.. Please go easy on me my scanner skills are at the beginner level . Any help would be appreciated .
I dunno much about CHP radios. However, I will say that they use some mobile extenders in the 700 band. I don't know them of the top of my head but you could stick in all the CHP frequencies and have a listen if you're not sure.

Hope I helped you at least a little bit.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Double check your stuff with this list for the new stuff.

California Highway Patrol (CHP)
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=995
brandon

Post by brandon »

42.440 recently changed PL tone to 179.9
It used to be 162.2
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

brandon wrote:42.440 recently changed PL tone to 179.9
It used to be 162.2
Exactly. That happened a couple weeks ago. :mrgreen:
Martin

Post by Martin »

Thanks guys it was the tone. Did some updates to my software and then the s-d card . Popped it back in and in 5 minutes I was receiving those channels again. Will my scanner still be able to receive Highway Patrol when they get their new system fully up and running ?
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hi Martin,
Yes it will.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote:
brandon wrote:42.440 recently changed PL tone to 179.9
It used to be 162.2
Exactly. That happened a couple weeks ago. :mrgreen:
I had no idea. I don't care too much for CHP anyway so maybe that's it.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Glad to know I will because last year I lost Beaumont to digital encryption and soon I will loose RSO to the same thing. I was going to buy a digital scanner but whats the point when everything I wanna hear is encrypted ? I
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:Glad to know I will because last year I lost Beaumont to digital encryption and soon I will loose RSO to the same thing. I was going to buy a digital scanner but whats the point when everything I wanna hear is encrypted ? I
Welcome to the club! No admission required!