Why is Hemet offline?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
alpo447

Why is Hemet offline?

Post by alpo447 »

Hi,

New member here and I look forward to enjoying and learning from this websiet and forum!

Question: What's happened to the Hemet scanner feed? At RadioReference.com it's flagged in red as "OFFLINE" and I haven't been able to pick it up on my mobile phone app or my two Bearcat handheld scanners. At first I thought their being offline was related to the Dorner manhunt (both happened around the same time) but now I'm wondering if the Hemet scanner feed will ever return, since it's still offline even now that the Dorner mayhem is over. I'm seriously craving my local scanner fix! LOL
cvrules90

Re: Why is Hemet offline?

Post by cvrules90 »

alpo447 wrote:Hi,

New member here and I look forward to enjoying and learning from this websiet and forum!

Question: What's happened to the Hemet scanner feed? At RadioReference.com it's flagged in red as "OFFLINE" and I haven't been able to pick it up on my mobile phone app or my two Bearcat handheld scanners. At first I thought their being offline was related to the Dorner manhunt (both happened around the same time) but now I'm wondering if the Hemet scanner feed will ever return, since it's still offline even now that the Dorner mayhem is over. I'm seriously craving my local scanner fix! LOL
Sometimes it could also just happen that the provider is having difficulty with his/her PC or soundcard, so they're taken off until the problem has been cleared. Feeds are removed if they've been offline for a month or so.
alpo447

Post by alpo447 »

Sincere thanks to those who replied. In fact, I had already read the post cited in the first reply prior to making my original post.

The thing is, though, the information given at that URL does not actually address the Hemet-specific question I'd asked in my original post ("Why is Hemet offline?") As I mentioned, it seems to have coincided with the Dorner manhunt so at first I thought it was related to that, but now that the hunt for him is over the feeds remain offline. I was hoping that, since this website focuses on Riverside scanning speficially, someone might know the exact reason for Hemet's feed being down for the past couple of weeks, as well as know if/when it may return.

Again, I truly appreciate the two forum members who responded to my post taking the time to do so. I'm just trying to get a more direct handle on why the Hemet feed's down and if it will be returning anytime soon.

By the way, wasn't there something in the news (The Riverside Press-Enterprise newspaper) during the past month or so regarding th Riverside Sheriff's Dept. going to an encrypted digital communications system which will lock out scanner enthusiasts? Hemet has its own police department so even that could not account for why Hemet's scaner feed has been down X2 weeks.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

RSO will be transitioning to an encrypted radio system in March. It's not known if the other Riverside County Police Departments will follow suit. There is a Hemet Station owned by RSO which serves the contract city of San Jacinto, and some uncincorporated land.
Pwynn

Post by Pwynn »

The feed to poster is referring to is the Hemet pd. it has nothing to do with RSO.
It is kinda weird that both the medical and the police feeds went down at the same time.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Pwynn wrote:The feed to poster is referring to is the Hemet pd. it has nothing to do with RSO.
It is kinda weird that both the medical and the police feeds went down at the same time.

He asked about the P.S.E.C. so was only trying to help.
alpo447

Post by alpo447 »

Pwynn wrote:The feed to poster is referring to is the Hemet pd. it has nothing to do with RSO.
Update: I did find last evening that I was actually able to get the Hemet PD feed via my handheld scanner, so it looks like what's down is the Hemet feed used by the Radio Reference website and the mobile scanner apps (such as the ones on my iPhone) that offer live scanner feeds. I have no idea who was providing that feed to RR or the mobile apps. What I especially liked about the mobile apps is that (at least with the one I was using most often) you could set the feed to turn off automatically at a selected time, so it was great for listening to the scan feed while falling alseep.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

alpo447 wrote:
Update: I did find last evening that I was actually able to get the Hemet PD feed via my handheld scanner, so it looks like what's down is the Hemet feed used by the Radio Reference website and the mobile scanner apps (such as the ones on my iPhone) that offer live scanner feeds. I have no idea who was providing that feed to RR or the mobile apps. What I especially liked about the mobile apps is that (at least with the one I was using most often) you could set the feed to turn off automatically at a selected time, so it was great for listening to the scan feed while falling alseep.
Then you must have 5-0 Radio. I had that app on my phone, but could never get alpha tags to show (on feeds that feature them-that is).