RSO on PSEC already?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

RSO on PSEC already?

Post by cvrules90 »

According to a PM I received earlier from 4and6, RSO has switched to the PSEC radio. Right now, I'm listening to Moreno Valley Police and Fire feed and it sounds like they still are using EDACS.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?
sp1989

Re: RSO on PSEC already?

Post by sp1989 »

The system is working, some stations have the new radios. I know we had a few of them last year, in addition to the regular EDACS radios. Not sure exactly how they had the 2 systems connected, there was a slight delay in receiving on the new radios, which created a weird effect when radio traffic came through the old and new radios, almost like phasing. I suspect it is still going to be a long time before EDACS is gone for good.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Are you saying that they're still on the EDACS system then? They must be getting ready because I think that's how it all happened in Vegas when Metro was supposed to get OpenSky.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I just turned on me scanner, and West is business as usual, Jurupa Station, ACOs, DA's office, 28/29's, all just like usual. I know when we had UHF radios at the old RGH, we were issued a slew of the then brand new EDACS radios, but were ordered to not touch or try and use them until we had 'extensive' training in radio procedures. That's what I'm thinking happened, is some stations have the new radios, which will work on/with the EDACS system, but PSEC is not officially up & running yet. The full transition is still a long ways away I predict.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I just turned on me scanner, and West is business as usual, Jurupa Station, ACOs, DA's office, 28/29's, all just like usual. I know when we had UHF radios at the old RGH, we were issued a slew of the then brand new EDACS radios, but were ordered to not touch or try and use them until we had 'extensive' training in radio procedures. That's what I'm thinking happened, is some stations have the new radios, which will work on/with the EDACS system, but PSEC is not officially up & running yet. The full transition is still a long ways away I predict.
Any idea about the east?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The only thing I can tell you is East County has always been like another department from West, once you go past the dinosaurs it's a different world. It could hold true with PSEC, too. One thing I notice today is more traffic from the lesser users of the EDACS system, like ACOs. Don't know if they are just busier today, or if maybe it means some traffic switched to PSEC.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

RSO palm desert is dead... Bummer. :o
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote:RSO palm desert is dead... Bummer. :o
Oh no!
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I was in Palm Desert yesterday, EDACS was alive and well, including Palm Desert and County SO units.

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:I was in Palm Desert yesterday, EDACS was alive and well, including Palm Desert and County SO units.

<>< Mike
Any hits on talkgroup 06-041?