freq

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
fnrv00

freq

Post by fnrv00 »

what is the freq that broadcast all pursuits gb and bolos for riverside cnty,

Thanks
egilstrap62

Re: freq

Post by egilstrap62 »

I DONT KNOW OF A PERSUT CH FOR S.O. OR CITY POLICE C.H.P. SOMETIMES GOs TO BLUE CH. I THINK ITS 39.44
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

A million years ago (before digital encryption) I think Orange County used to have a freq for pursuits in OC, kinda like a CLEMARS for all the OC agencies, maybe that is what you are thinking of.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I'm not aware of any frequency like this for Riverside County. As sp1989 said, Orange County has one. It can be heard on their 800 MHz TRS talkgroup 50720 (Red Channel). Maybe the PSEC system will have a talkgroup? I heard voice checks on 2 channels called West Call and Southwest Call. I suppose it could be used to announce pursuits, sigalerts, etc. but this is purely speculation at this point. San Diego County has a similar talkgroup called Law CC and Fire CC. It was also my understanding that San Bernardino County was going to setup a "Red" channel, but I don't think anything ever came of it.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I've been monitoring the area for 35 years and am unaware of any dedicated pursuit frequency.

As mentioned earlier, when OC L/E was UHF all pusuits were moved to 460.025 Control 1 Red. This was a countywide L/E mutual aid channel.

I believe L.A. P.D. has a dedicated emergency channel that is used for pursuits and other emergencies.

In my experience, when a pursuit is initiated the dispatcher declares a 10-33 on the channel and puts out a timed beep tone to let all units know the freq is no longer available for routine traffic. If the emergency/ pursuit lasts a long time the dispatcher or a supervisor can request all other units move to another freq so the pursuit can remain on the main channel uninterrupted, or the pursuit can be moved to another freq so normal traffic can resume on the main freq. If the pursuit is moved to another freq it's usually a tactical for the pursuing agency.

RE CHP: They usually use the local station's primary freq. With their new radios, if the pursuit moves from station area to station area they just switch their mobil radios to the local station's channel.
At some point the original CHP units will drop out when there are enough local station CHP units to take over. Also, as someone mentioned, they have a statewide Blue 1 freq that can be use, but I think I've heard them use that only once or twice in the past umpteen years.

<>< Mike
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

What a blast from the past. One of my instructors in a block of training (mid 80's academy) was from some OC agency, and he explained in depth about pursuits in OC. Can't remember all of it now, but the originating agency called a Code Red something or other, at which point the allied agencies would switch to Red freq and units would respond to pre-assigned freeway on and off ramps to intercept the crook should they attempt to enter or exit the freeway. They probably still use it but I gave up listening to OC long before it went digital.
tk353

Post by tk353 »

If there is a chase in Riverside Co involving SO they will switch to the CLEMARS patch if CHP is needed. Same with the city of Riverside asking for RSO help. RPD calls this ch 16 UHF CLEMARS. RPD has a chase asking for CHP HELP IS Done thru VHF CLEMARS and runs thru AIR 1. There is no dispatch Channel for CHP and RPD.
fnrv00

Post by fnrv00 »

oc ch was reffered to red ch or control oone, on the old radio system.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

sp1989 wrote:What a blast from the past. One of my instructors in a block of training (mid 80's academy) was from some OC agency, and he explained in depth about pursuits in OC. Can't remember all of it now, but the originating agency called a Code Red something or other, at which point the allied agencies would switch to Red freq and units would respond to pre-assigned freeway on and off ramps to intercept the crook should they attempt to enter or exit the freeway. They probably still use it but I gave up listening to OC long before it went digital.
That sounds like what I remember as a Code Alex. I asked a deputy parked on a side street just off of El Toro road during a Code Alex to explain it to me one morning.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

That was it..a Code Alex.