PROGRAMMING A PRO-94

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
egilstrap62

PROGRAMMING A PRO-94

Post by egilstrap62 »

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PROGRAM THE TRUCKED RSO M.VAL I PUT IN TRUCKED MOD. BUT I CANT GET ID NUMBERS TO CAME UP. THANKS BIG ED
cvrules90

Re: PROGRAMMING A PRO-94

Post by cvrules90 »

egilstrap62 wrote:CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PROGRAM THE TRUCKED RSO M.VAL I PUT IN TRUCKED MOD. BUT I CANT GET ID NUMBERS TO CAME UP. THANKS BIG ED
If you're talking the EDACS system, you have to put the frequencies into ONE bank. They use the West system.

This guide was written by David Cabatu. It's about the PRO 97 but it will teach you exactly how you should do this and it can be applied on any bank/channel scanner with any system. Basically, start from position 1 of the bank (A01) and work your way up.

http://www.qsl.net/ah7e/pdf/pro97-EDACS.pdf

Let me if you need something more and good luck.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

THANK U VERY MUCH MAN I THINK I GOT IT I GOT A PRO -94 FOR 30.00 ON CRAIGSLIST JUST NEED AN ANT. AN RECHARGEABLE BAT.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Glad it works for you, brother! Seems like the guy should have paid you $30 to come get it outta the house. I do like some ancient technology stuff me own self, just bid on a Bearcat DX 1000 on ebay, but the price went stupid beyond what it's worth to me. I used to have one when they were new and liked it a lot. peace out......
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Glad it works for you, brother! Seems like the guy should have paid you $30 to come get it outta the house. I do like some ancient technology stuff me own self, just bid on a Bearcat DX 1000 on ebay, but the price went stupid beyond what it's worth to me. I used to have one when they were new and liked it a lot. peace out......
I love vintage stuff. When smartphones were coming to light, I still had a Nokia 2680. It was one of those sliders.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

I KNOW WELL I GOT IT TO SCAN IDs 02-021 WEST RSO,02-041 MO-VAL I NEED TO UPGRADE VERY BADLY I DONT WORK SO CANT AFFORD TOP OF LINE. IF I COULD I WOULD GET A GRS OR GRE 800 DOESNT SCAN EVERYTHING. OR WHAT WOULD U GUYS SUGGEST. FOR A POOR GUY. BIG ED
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

I don't know if I would spend a whole lot of money since RSO will be encrypted by the end of the year or later if there are more delays to the new system. It may not be worth it if you only want to scan RSO. Any old scanner will get you pretty much anything else in the county I believe. That will be up to you on if it is worth it to you.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Kingscup wrote:I don't know if I would spend a whole lot of money since RSO will be encrypted by the end of the year or later if there are more delays to the new system. It may not be worth it if you only want to scan RSO. Any old scanner will get you pretty much anything else in the county I believe. That will be up to you on if it is worth it to you.
Ditto
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I ditto as well. Nothing much else besides RSO that is trunked in these parts.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

There's Camp Pedleton and the March AFB I believe I spelled those right. On the east you have ERICA which is totally encrypted (as far as police forces go). If you're close to Orange County, then a BC346XT will let you hear the OCFA and other fire departments there.