UPDATES ON RSO SYSTEM?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
egilstrap62

UPDATES ON RSO SYSTEM?

Post by egilstrap62 »

ANYONE HAVE ANY NEW NEWS ON CHANGE OVER ? BIG ED
cvrules90

Re: UPDATES ON RSO SYSTEM?

Post by cvrules90 »

I think it'll likely be early 2014. I know public works will switch in late September/early October.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

ITS GOING TO BE ANOTHER YEAR OR SO. OK BIG ED
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

I'd forget watching the calendar. It's not going to go live until the issues are resolved, and the issues that I'm hearing about are quite significant.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

zz0468 wrote:I'd forget watching the calendar. It's not going to go live until the issues are resolved, and the issues that I'm hearing about are quite significant.
Any updates on the issues?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

It will be obsolete technology by the time the bugs get worked out they way things are going...
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:Any updates on the issues?
No. The issues are still vexing both vendor and customer. =)
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

wow what a mess the whole thing is plain an simple all that talk need for this need for that i still think its a big waste of money. big ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I too think this was a waste of money and won't be good to go for quite some time. In fact, this to me is just like a carbon copy of what happened in Vegas with the Metro Police AwfulSky system. I fear RSO might end up dumping this system if this issues don't get fixed in the next two years but I am not one to make decissions, nor am I one to install the system, so I guess we'll see how everything comes into play.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

cvrules90 wrote:I too think this was a waste of money and won't be good to go for quite some time. In fact, this to me is just like a carbon copy of what happened in Vegas with the Metro Police AwfulSky system. I fear RSO might end up dumping this system if this issues don't get fixed in the next two years but I am not one to make decissions, nor am I one to install the system, so I guess we'll see how everything comes into play.
They have so much time and money invested in PSEC that I don't think they will just dump it even if that is the right thing to do, if for no other reason than to avoid looking foolish by wasting all that time and money. PSEC was being born about the same time the county was crying broke and was threatening to lay off deputies because they were so poor...allegedly.