GO DIRECT

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
egilstrap62

GO DIRECT

Post by egilstrap62 »

WHAT DOES GO DIRECT MEAN GUYS IS THAT RSO GOING SIMPLEX ON 821. ECT. OR IS IT A TALK GROUP AN WHAT IS THE TALK GROUP NUMBERS. BIG ED
brandon

Re: GO DIRECT

Post by brandon »

Most likely individual calls. Uniden scanners called them as I-calls
You can hear them by programming i00000 as a talkgroup
You can also do specific radio ids. (i.e. i10991)
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:Most likely individual calls. Uniden scanners called them as I-calls
You can hear them by programming i00000 as a talkgroup
You can also do specific radio ids. (i.e. i10991)
Ditto!
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

EDACS radio system has the ability to call from one radio to another by using the ID of each individual radio. Each radio in the system has an individual (indy) # assigned. The HTs I used to use would show the "indy" # on the screen when a message was received from another user, and you could talk privately with another user without it being transmitted to the world by sending traffic to the other party's radio "indy" #. Dispatch used to be 001, 002, etc, IIRC. I'm not sure if scanners can monitor this stuff (probably, but I don't know, my scanners are not that advanced and I never gave a shit because I had to hear it all day at work). It will all be gone soon, though....so don't worry. I think this is what you are talking about.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:EDACS radio system has the ability to call from one radio to another by using the ID of each individual radio. Each radio in the system has an individual (indy) # assigned. The HTs I used to use would show the "indy" # on the screen when a message was received from another user, and you could talk privately with another user without it being transmitted to the world by sending traffic to the other party's radio "indy" #. Dispatch used to be 001, 002, etc, IIRC. I'm not sure if scanners can monitor this stuff (probably, but I don't know, my scanners are not that advanced and I never gave a shit because I had to hear it all day at work). It will all be gone soon, though....so don't worry. I think this is what you are talking about.
As Brandon may have said, the Uniden DMA scanners (i.e. the 396XT) can. Motorola also has the same protocol.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

thank you guys always the info i need. big ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

egilstrap62 wrote:thank you guys always the info i need. big ed
You're welcome. We wouldn't be here for any reason other than that.