RVC Command Channels

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
Kingscup

RVC Command Channels

Post by Kingscup »

Beginning tomorrow, December 2nd, RVC Fire Support 5 will be converted to RVC Command 5. There is no change for the scanner listener. You do not have to input a new frequency or CTCSS. The only change is that you will now hear both sides of the conversation. You no longer have to be within line of site to hear the mobile units. Battalions affected by this will be using a different frequency while the conversion is in progress. Sometime tomorrow, the conversion will be complete and those battalions will switch over to RVC Command 5.
highway97

Re: RVC Command Channels

Post by highway97 »

Yes ive been waiting for this to happen. Big ed
markb

Post by markb »

Kingscup, have you heard if the Norco Battalion and surrounding areas will go back to Command 5? I know they switched to Command 1 due to Norco proper being out of range of support 5. I thought I had heard that this was the eventual plan, but I could be mistaken.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Kingscup wrote:Beginning tomorrow, December 2nd, RVC Fire Support 5 will be converted to RVC Command 5. There is no change for the scanner listener. You do not have to input a new frequency or CTCSS. The only change is that you will now hear both sides of the conversation. You no longer have to be within line of site to hear the mobile units. Battalions affected by this will be using a different frequency while the conversion is in progress. Sometime tomorrow, the conversion will be complete and those battalions will switch over to RVC Command 5.
It was about that time! Kingscup will the response areas still be the same? Also, I expect all the other Supports to become Commands some time by the start of next year. And there actually WILL be a change which will be renaming it such that it is Command and not Support. ;)
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

markb wrote:Kingscup, have you heard if the Norco Battalion and surrounding areas will go back to Command 5? I know they switched to Command 1 due to Norco proper being out of range of support 5. I thought I had heard that this was the eventual plan, but I could be mistaken.
Actually, this is the first I have heard of it. I am not surprised by it though. I am sure they want to free up RVC CMD 1 for major incidents. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

cvrules90 wrote: Kingscup will the response areas still be the same?
Same response areas.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Good to know.
highway97

Post by highway97 »

I dont hear anything differnet guys not today. big ed
brandon

Post by brandon »

highway97 wrote:I dont hear anything differnet guys not today. big ed
Perris referring to it as RVC Command 5 and I could hear both sides from some units that were out of simplex range. But some others I could not hear. Either they were on a different freq or maybe used Support 5 by accident.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

On December 17th, Support 6 in the west county will be converted to RVC Command 6. Support 6 in the Blythe area will remain the same for now.

On December 19th, Support 7 will be converted to RVC Command 7.