Old school trivia time

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
sp1989

Re: Old school trivia time

Post by sp1989 »

tk353 wrote:We had a retired Lt Mawn and Retired officerJim Creel as the police representative they were paid. They had the access and clearance for gas - maintenance - front door to Orange street for radios and briefing notes.
That be it. RPD did advertise for applicants, but like most cool jobs, they probably only did it to be official, they already knew who was gonna be hired. Thanks for the nostalgia stuff, gets the dust off the brain cells. Hey, remember when RPD had Volvo station wagons that were donated by some Volvo dealership for the K-9 units? That was back when the patrol cars were all white. Actually off white. Also, the helicopter was Baker 1. What did Baker stand for, or do you know? And the first year it was a felony in CA to fire a weapon in the air, there was a special unit on New year's Eve to catch dickheads shooting into the air. They had a special designator which I have forgotten. One of them responded to call I was on one NYE as 11-10, and they were in a hurry to go 10-8.
sp1989

Re: Trivia answer is

Post by sp1989 »

tk353 wrote:Holiday Anti Robbery Patrol RPD had 2 slick top UC units with detectives in street close hanging around the banks that were near both shopping centers. There was a group from Compton and South LA robbing banks at opening time.
I remember when the bank right across the street from Tyler Mall got hit, and the Target over there go taken over by a bunch of shitbirds that came up the 91 from Compton. Smart & Final & Applebee's too, IIRC. Now they all moved to Mo Val so they don't have to drive so far =) hahahaha
N6AJB

Post by N6AJB »

How about Holiday Armed Robbery Reduction Program. (HARRP)
tk353

Re: Old school trivia time

Post by tk353 »

I'll research on the Baker 1. I believe Chief Richardson painted the cars all white because it was friendlier on the eyes when rolling code in the bad parts of town.
tk353

Post by tk353 »

Just a couple of yeas ago we had a lot of problems at the University Village because the Denny's were closed in Moreno Valley. All the LA transplant idiots were back in Riverside.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

tk353 wrote:Holiday Anti Robbery Patrol RPD had 2 slick top UC units with detectives in street close hanging around the banks that were near both shopping centers. There was a group from Compton and South LA robbing banks at opening time.
Shoot! I was so close! At least i should get a silver medal.
tk353

Post by tk353 »

I would give you 1 for trying!
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

tk353 wrote:I would give you 1 for trying!
Better luck next time, I guess.
N6AJB

Post by N6AJB »

Did I win? Here is an excerpt from the Department's newsletter from 99'. "In 1999, Crime Analysis once again worked closely with officers assigned to both the Holiday Armed Robbery Reduction Program (H.A.R.R.P.) and Target Area Policing Program (TAPP). All of the data required by DOJ and the FBI for reporting purposes was entered on time, in spite of having to work around Y2K upgrades."
N6AJB

Post by N6AJB »

BTW the TAPP units would use the designator that corresponded to the specific beat area like "Henry 4", which was beat area H04 (La Sierra Hills). THe only one that remains is "John 17" which is (was) the beat area for the Galleria at Tyler mall (J17).