Old school trivia time

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
tk353

Re: Trivia answer is

Post by tk353 »

Deal on the winner. I can't remember the TAPP units thanks. I'm working on memory for the next question when they
switched badge designs.
sp1989

Re: Trivia answer is

Post by sp1989 »

I may be wrong, but the TAPP thing may have been when the feds were overseeing RPD after the Tyisha Miller BS in 1998. I remember when every call had to have some weird coded dispo that indicated racial and other info...a little like RSO's EDP codes, but not exactly. It ended when the federal oversight did.
retiredFD07

Re: Old school trivia time

Post by retiredFD07 »

I know nothing of the RPD Harp units, but in 1975 I was working for the former Rubidoux FD. I rode with one of the CHP units on a day off. They were using JARP call signs at that time (pronounced HARP). His c/s that day was 74-JARP-8. I asked about that, he said it was for Jurupa area patrol units that were assigned specifically to Jurupa under a state grant. If I recall right, it lasted only a couple of years.