RSO gone digital :-(

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
n6box

RSO gone digital :-(

Post by n6box »

I got a report last night that RSO MoVal was no longer on the air. I've listened for 2 hours this morning and have not heard any calls. Looks like they've switched to their new 700 MHz digital scrambled frequency. A sad moment in MoVal...
jpalm

Re: RSO gone digital :-(

Post by jpalm »

Yes, as of 1/5 in the AM they are gone. It is indeed sad. I keep hearing that a current PSR scanner, and a new one from Uniden coming out this
month will receive the new RSO system, but no conformation. Anybody know if this true?
n6box

Post by n6box »

Doesn't matter if you have a scanner for the frequency or not, last I heard they were scrambling all transmissions. We tried to talk them in to leaving the main dispatch channel unscrambled, but it was a no go.
jpalm

Post by jpalm »

Thai's a shame. I guess my feed will have to be just MVFD, until they move over anyway.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

jpalm wrote:Yes, as of 1/5 in the AM they are gone. It is indeed sad. I keep hearing that a current PSR scanner, and a new one from Uniden coming out this
month will receive the new RSO system, but no conformation. Anybody know if this true?
How's the situation in the desert area?
jpalm

Post by jpalm »

cvrules90 wrote:
jpalm wrote:Yes, as of 1/5 in the AM they are gone. It is indeed sad. I keep hearing that a current PSR scanner, and a new one from Uniden coming out this
How's the situation in the desert area?
I don't have the desert area loaded, but someone on another forum said they heard Palm Desert RSO this morning.
Moval and RSO west are all silent.
N6AJB

Post by N6AJB »

The desert is on the new system as well.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

N6AJB wrote:The desert is on the new system as well.
So I guess it's all water under the bridge now. Oh well. Like I kept on saying, maybe there'll be a red talkgroup we'll get to hear. Besides, how else is the media going to inform us about high-speed chases and such?
C4FM

Post by C4FM »

As of 08:00 yesterday (01/05/14) ALL Sheriff's patrol stations and jails countywide were sucessfully cut over to the new PSEC digital radio system. The system is P25 Phase II open standard, running AES256 encryption on ALL Sheriff's primary, car to car, records and tactical talkgroups. This means the entire Sheriff's Department's operatyions are full time encrypted. The new GRE and Uniden scanners are only able to scan the unencrpyted PSEC talkgroups, HOWEVER; they CANNOT scan the encrypted Sheriff's talkgroups. In short, the days of scanning RSO are over.
N6AJB

Post by N6AJB »

There is a RED talkgroup, but it's encrypted as well. I heard there are plans to rent radios with the primary channels to bona fide media personnel for media reporting purposes.