programing my scanner

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
tinyandanna

programing my scanner

Post by tinyandanna »

just got a new scanner but cant find some one in or near desert hot springs ca to help me ill come to them or they can come to me
highway97

Re: programing my scanner

Post by highway97 »

what kind of scanner do u have. big ed tex me 951-269-9439
cvrules90

Re: programing my scanner

Post by cvrules90 »

tinyandanna wrote:just got a new scanner but cant find some one in or near desert hot springs ca to help me ill come to them or they can come to me
If you're trying to monitor public safety, you don't have much to choose from. Practically, only fire/EMS departments and CHP can be monitored in the area now.

Three years ago, all Coachella Valley police departments (that don't contract with RSO) switched to a P-25 radio system that is encrypted entirely except for public works.

Then, the heartbreaker on Sunday morning was that RSO abandoned their EDACS system and switched to the Public Safety Enterprise Communications system which not only is P25 Phase 2, but also ALL law enforcement-related content is encrypted.

Fire departments in the area use a VHF radio system that you can listen to no matter which scanner you own. The same is true for the CHP.