Old EDACS system in use tonite by FICC

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
sp1989

Old EDACS system in use tonite by FICC

Post by sp1989 »

Quite a bit of traffic on the FICC TG this evening. Based on car to car traffic, they are stopping lots of vehicles & running people in response to some type of incident that just occurred.
sp1989

Re: Old EDACS system in use tonite by FICC

Post by sp1989 »

Whatever is happening is in the Whitewater area north of I-10. Unit Sam 1 advising that Border Patrol is 10-97 with him.
coruptr

Post by coruptr »

Hey sp, what is the tg id for FICC? Looking at the info on RR I don't see it - nor do I have it programmed into my radio.

A bit off topic, RPD has been extra busy today... Had a bit of downtime at work and listened to them all day they were running calls all over the place.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Coruptr,
AFS 04-143, DEC 627. I haven't heard anything at all this evening, though. From the voice traffic I heard, I gather the agency (BLM Rangers is my theory) only use EDACS when in certain geographical areas; yesterday when they were busy, I heard several times "on 800" at the end of a transmission. I'm thinking they are using some other freqs depending on the location. I have been monitoring all the BLM LE freqs I could find, but did not find any similarities. Maybe it is Forest Service, although I downloaded all the trunked info from RR and the TG labeled FICC came from them, so probably accurate.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

They probably will get PSEC radios soon enough. Right now, they're most likely doing what the motor cops did. Remember few weeks ago when the EDACS system was patched letting us hear RSO cars all across the county? Well maybe they're gonna do the same for BLM. We'll see how things come into play over the next month.
coruptr

Post by coruptr »

sp1989 wrote:Coruptr,
AFS 04-143, DEC 627. I haven't heard anything at all this evening, though. From the voice traffic I heard, I gather the agency (BLM Rangers is my theory) only use EDACS when in certain geographical areas; yesterday when they were busy, I heard several times "on 800" at the end of a transmission. I'm thinking they are using some other freqs depending on the location. I have been monitoring all the BLM LE freqs I could find, but did not find any similarities. Maybe it is Forest Service, although I downloaded all the trunked info from RR and the TG labeled FICC came from them, so probably accurate.
Thanks for the info... I will definitely add the TG and monitor. Cvrules, you make a valid point. I'm sure as other agencies join PSEC we'll no longer hear them on EDACS. I'm now curious as to how much longer EDACS will be kept online. I suspect since it's been so quiet PSEC is performing as intended so the hopes for cross-patching comms again are slim-to-none.

Typically, I only monitor the West system and I haven't heard anything for quite some time.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Besides FICC, I have heard something that sounded like a school police department, as they were talking about checking different parking lots and securing buildings on TG 12-024. Nothing today so far though...
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Besides FICC, I have heard something that sounded like a school police department, as they were talking about checking different parking lots and securing buildings on TG 12-024. Nothing today so far though...
Maybe it was a college. RCC has their own channel in the UHF band as far as I know and most unified school districts also talk on VHF or UHF.
coruptr

Post by coruptr »

Finally had a chance to monitor EDACS last night and didn't hear anything... Oh well, it was worth a shot.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Seems like weekends are when I hear the most FICC traffic. All I've heard last couple of days is just someone keying up, and brief voice traffic of one unit calling 2 others. Today, someone was on TG 12-075 asking if he should leave the radio in the office and 'have a great weekend.'