Anyone out there?

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
highway97

Re: Anyone out there?

Post by highway97 »

yes banning pd who do u think will go next rpd or corona ? i cant pick up murriatia or hemet or bythe . ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Oh I hope NOBODY. We lost RSO to PSEC and that's bad enough.
markb

Post by markb »

I really doubt that of the other cities will go PSEC. Rumor on the street is that for what an agency would pay the County in radio rental and airtime over 5 years, they could build their own system.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Not only is the cost of renting PSEC radios & equipment from the county very expensive, it means giving up control to the county, which I don't think any of the holdout depts. want to do, same reason they didn't want any part of the EDACS system.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

markb wrote:I really doubt that of the other cities will go PSEC. Rumor on the street is that for what an agency would pay the County in radio rental and airtime over 5 years, they could build their own system.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
They could make a west county interoperability system like they did with ERICA. Then, they could have police and fire services from Riverside, Corona, Murrieta, and Hemet extendng coverage. RFD is on a UHF radio system unlike the rest of the county.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

RFD is on UHF because all of City of Riverside PS comms are on UHF. They have VHF freqs to talk to Cal Fire, and do so on a regular basis when there are fires in the riverbed, which is pretty much the dividing line between jurisdictions.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:RFD is on UHF because all of City of Riverside PS comms are on UHF. They have VHF freqs to talk to Cal Fire, and do so on a regular basis when there are fires in the riverbed, which is pretty much the dividing line between jurisdictions.
Still I think it's a great idea.