Old EDACS system off the air

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
sp1989

Re: Old EDACS system off the air

Post by sp1989 »

Don't know about them, they are too far away from me. The only control channels I pick up here are a couple from CalTrans and the RSO Central system.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Don't know about them, they are too far away from me. The only control channels I pick up here are a couple from CalTrans and the RSO Central system.
Well it'd still be interesting to see what else is there to happen. The PSEC clearly is in working order, and now there's no going back.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The EDACS Central system seems to be 10-7 finally. I have been checking it once a week or so, and the control channel is now nowhere to be found. The end of an era.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:The EDACS Central system seems to be 10-7 finally. I have been checking it once a week or so, and the control channel is now nowhere to be found. The end of an era.
I bet the desert site is also offline. Miss the EDACS system!
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:I bet the desert site is also offline. Miss the EDACS system!
It's been off the air for a long time, now.

But if you miss it so much, why don't you buy a piece of it: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/all,ca ... ?catid=201

Scroll about half way down the page. They have it listed by site!
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

zz0468 wrote:
cvrules90 wrote:I bet the desert site is also offline. Miss the EDACS system!
It's been off the air for a long time, now.

But if you miss it so much, why don't you buy a piece of it: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/all,ca ... ?catid=201

Scroll about half way down the page. They have it listed by site!
Good idea. Only problem is that it won't work because many EDACS networks are going "out of style," so to speak.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:Good idea. Only problem is that it won't work because many EDACS networks are going "out of style," so to speak.
I didn't mean to put it on the air. I meant for you to put a piece of it on your coffee table. You DO have a coffee table, don't you?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I do, but like I said. won't be of any more use than that. Maybe if my travels take me San Antone or somewhere like that where they use ProVoice...