Home Patrol

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
highway97

Home Patrol

Post by highway97 »

I Got The Home Patrol. This Radio Sucks Man Lot Of Ways First You Cant Enter Any Freqs. In You Have To Use The Preprogramed Freqs An When It Scans Scan It Wont Stop On Same Of The Channels. Have Home Partrol-1. I Got It From Fingerhut Im Sending It Back This Week. Big Ed
sp1989

Re: Home Patrol

Post by sp1989 »

Sorry, Big Ed. That sucks.....
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:I Got The Home Patrol. This Radio Sucks Man Lot Of Ways First You Cant Enter Any Freqs. In You Have To Use The Preprogramed Freqs An When It Scans Scan It Wont Stop On Same Of The Channels. Have Home Partrol-1. I Got It From Fingerhut Im Sending It Back This Week. Big Ed
I love Fingerhut but I don't own a HomePatrol so can't really help you.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

By looking at picture of it, seems like you need a better antenna ASAP. The one it comes with looks like it came of a wireless router. Maybe this link will help you, too.
http://www.wikihow.com/Manually-Enter-F ... ce-Scanner
http://marksscanners.com/HP/HP.shtml
highway97

Post by highway97 »

thanks to my scannerhead brothers out there. big ed
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:thanks to my scannerhead brothers out there. big ed
Don't mention it.
Scanner

Post by Scanner »

highway97 wrote:I Got The Home Patrol. This Radio Sucks Man Lot Of Ways First You Cant Enter Any Freqs. In You Have To Use The Preprogramed Freqs An When It Scans Scan It Wont Stop On Same Of The Channels. Have Home Partrol-1. I Got It From Fingerhut Im Sending It Back This Week. Big Ed
That's frustrating - what are you trying to listen to?
highway97

Post by highway97 »

I Have Rail Road Freqs an Air Band Stuff U Have Go Thorough All The FREQ U Cant Dir-enter Ant Freqs U can But Cant Add It To A Scan Bank It Just Dont Work For Me So I Sent It Back to Fingerhut Today. I Have A Pro-94, BC355n That Does The Job For Now You Cant Scan Sheirff Stuff So. Not Much Use For A 500.00 Dollar Scanner. Big ED
Scanner

Post by Scanner »

highway97 wrote:I Have Rail Road Freqs an Air Band Stuff U Have Go Thorough All The FREQ U Cant Dir-enter Ant Freqs U can But Cant Add It To A Scan Bank It Just Dont Work For Me So I Sent It Back to Fingerhut Today. I Have A Pro-94, BC355n That Does The Job For Now You Cant Scan Sheirff Stuff So. Not Much Use For A 500.00 Dollar Scanner. Big ED
Oh OK. Sorry to hear that but sounds like you're all set with the 355.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

highway97 wrote:I Have Rail Road Freqs an Air Band Stuff U Have Go Thorough All The FREQ U Cant Dir-enter Ant Freqs U can But Cant Add It To A Scan Bank It Just Dont Work For Me So I Sent It Back to Fingerhut Today. I Have A Pro-94, BC355n That Does The Job For Now You Cant Scan Sheirff Stuff So. Not Much Use For A 500.00 Dollar Scanner. Big ED
Rairload I believe is 161-163 or so. Aircaft is 115-126 or so and uses the AM band so there are no CTSS/DPL codes involved.