Cathedral City Fire

This is the place to discuss Riverside County scanning related topics. Whether it be something about a particular agency, radios, antennas, or other general scanner related questions, you can talk about it here.
cvrules90

Cathedral City Fire

Post by cvrules90 »

What's up with them? Heard it through the grapevine that they had some tough economic times and that only two of their three stations are staffed. However, on their site, the stations aren't even listed anymore unless I missed it...
kevinb1988

Re: Cathedral City Fire

Post by kevinb1988 »

At one point Station 412 was closed on C shift due to lack of staff.

Now all 3 stations are staffed 24/7 but not ideally. The 2 engines and truck (E411, T412 and E413) are staffed with a Captain and Engineer. The paramedic ambulances at Station 411 and 413 are staffed by two Firefighter/Paramedics.

The departments fleet is pretty new with an engine and 2 ambulances being delivered within the last 1 1/2 years and a new 75 foot quint delivered within the last few months. I believe the oldest front line engine is a 2009.

Hopefully now that they replaced aging equipment, they will work on staffing.

-Kevin
cvrules90

Re: Cathedral City Fire

Post by cvrules90 »

kevinb1988 wrote:At one point Station 412 was closed on C shift due to lack of staff.

Now all 3 stations are staffed 24/7 but not ideally. The 2 engines and truck (E411, T412 and E413) are staffed with a Captain and Engineer. The paramedic ambulances at Station 411 and 413 are staffed by two Firefighter/Paramedics.

The departments fleet is pretty new with an engine and 2 ambulances being delivered within the last 1 1/2 years and a new 75 foot quint delivered within the last few months. I believe the oldest front line engine is a 2009.

Hopefully now that they replaced aging equipment, they will work on staffing.

-Kevin
Yah I agree they should. Otherwise, might as well contract. Econ has been down in RivCO, particularly in pubilc safety. Palm Springs, I believe closed 445 and Hemet closed their Station 5.