Hemet PD going PSEC??

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
djpaulino

Hemet PD going PSEC??

Post by djpaulino »

The reason I'm asking, I saw a Hemet PD SUV this morning on I-15 in Temecula and looked like a Laird Technologies WPD136M6C-001 Multi band antenna on the top. Same antenna that Murrieta PD is using.
Brian

Re: Hemet PD going PSEC??

Post by Brian »

Others might know for sure.

Found this line on this Hemet agenda on top of page 13.
"PSEC County-wide radio migration."
http://www.cityofhemet.org/Archive/ViewFile/Item/976

Someone said they are switching on this Facebook page in the comments area.
https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/ ... LvR8GaZ6-B
https://m.facebook.com/groups/161027874 ... 95&refid=8

And something from Fire....

Recommendation by Fire - FY 16 Homeland Security Award - Measure U Approve Purchase of eleven (11) Motorola PSEC Compliant Radios
a. Approve the State Homeland Security Program (SHSP) grant and Measure U
funded purchase of eleven (11) Motorola APX 7000 XE Digital Public Safety
Enterprise Communication (PSEC) compliant radios from vendor, Airwave
Communications, in the amount of $93,261.84; and
b. Authorize the City Manager to approve the purchase requisition in the amount of
$93,261.84.
http://www.cityofhemet.org/AgendaCenter ... 282017-399
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The 2 Facebook comments about Hemet PD going to PSEC, the first has been removed, the second is a raffle for a Uniden BC125AT pre-programmed with Hemet PD/FD freqs. Re: the FD buy PSEC radios, I can see that, just for the purpose of monitoring what is going on, but only 11? Not enough for the whole fire dept. I would say. The Hemet PD cops I know are not fond of RSO, I can't see them going to PSEC, but then that's what I thought about Corona and Riverside, and look what happened.
markb

Post by markb »

sp1989 wrote:The 2 Facebook comments about Hemet PD going to PSEC, the first has been removed, the second is a raffle for a Uniden BC125AT pre-programmed with Hemet PD/FD freqs. Re: the FD buy PSEC radios, I can see that, just for the purpose of monitoring what is going on, but only 11? Not enough for the whole fire dept. I would say. The Hemet PD cops I know are not fond of RSO, I can't see them going to PSEC, but then that's what I thought about Corona and Riverside, and look what happened.
Hemet has 5 stations, so 5 engines +1 truck, +3 BC vehicles (I believe they only have 1, but I'll say 3 for the sake of argument).....Seems like plenty. Some departments are only purchasing Harris' for their BC's, but 11 sounds like more than enough to put 1 radio on each rig for interop and monitoring PD.

As far as RSO is concerned, I don't see how their relationship, good or bad has much to do with Hemet or other departments going to PSEC. They still would probably not communicate with RSO even if they could. Law Enforcement culture doesn't promote that. It's very likely that the city departments on the system would not even have access to RSO's talkgroups and would have to use an ICS or other Interop TG if they were to communicate which again, for the exception of maybe a pursuit, isn't likely. The biggest driver of the move is encryption, nothing more.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

sp1989 wrote:The 2 Facebook comments about Hemet PD going to PSEC, the first has been removed, the second is a raffle for a Uniden BC125AT pre-programmed with Hemet PD/FD freqs. Re: the FD buy PSEC radios, I can see that, just for the purpose of monitoring what is going on, but only 11? Not enough for the whole fire dept. I would say. The Hemet PD cops I know are not fond of RSO, I can't see them going to PSEC, but then that's what I thought about Corona and Riverside, and look what happened.
Although the newspaper said that Corona was going to go PSEC by the end of last year, they haven't yet.

<>< Mike
Monitoring from western Riverside County