SKIP is in!

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
retiredFD07

Re: SKIP is in!

Post by retiredFD07 »

The only locally active 33mhz freqs I'm aware of other than the fast food drive-up windows are:
33.5 Riverside County Disaster Net
33.85 an unidentified FD in north San Diego County
33.92 Riverside County Disaster Net

There are still some local LG users going up the band (37, 45~48mhz) and of course CHP is using 39, 44~45mhz. When conditions are right you can get skip on those freqs also.

As for the east coast skip, there are still many small businesses that use low band in the rural areas.

<>< Mike

Post by 800 »

retiredFD07 wrote:The only locally active 33mhz freqs I'm aware of other than the fast food drive-up windows are:
33.5 Riverside County Disaster Net
33.85 an unidentified FD in north San Diego County
33.92 Riverside County Disaster Net

There are still some local LG users going up the band (37, 45~48mhz) and of course CHP is using 39, 44~45mhz. When conditions are right you can get skip on those freqs also.

As for the east coast skip, there are still many small businesses that use low band in the rural areas.

<>< Mike
Ummm... 33.85 is not a valid frequency. (It would be 33.84 or 33.86.) No agency is licensed on either of those channels in either SD or Riverside counties.

Don
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Good catch, Don, I don't know how I missed that. I checked my log, it was supposed to be 33.8. To be honest, I don't know of anyone in SD Co that uses 33Mhz, but I caught this on my PRO-97 close capture search while in Oceanside earlier this year. I don't remember what was being said, but it was enough to convince me it was a FD in the north SD County area. I'm just as stumped as you are, but I heard what I heard.

<>< Mike