FSP Gone?

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
retiredFD07

FSP Gone?

Post by retiredFD07 »

I haven't heard anything on the Riverside area FSP freq (453.65) since 2012. I know that at that time some of the FSP units were using Nextel to contact CHP. Have they switched completely to Nextel and abandoned 453.65?

<>< Mike
sp1989

Re: FSP Gone?

Post by sp1989 »

A good question. Is it possible they are using a CalTrans or PSEC TG?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

CalTrans has a trunked system I think.
markb

Post by markb »

I am 99% certain that i have been hearing San Bernardino FSP using Nexedge digital on 508.2000. They could very well be operating in a similar fashion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hearing activity on 508.9375 NXDN digital voice. Sounds like it could be them as they were using "Inland" callsigns and talking about locations off the 91 Fwy in the Corona/Riverside area.

EDIT: Just heard another unit mention 215 x Ethanac. I'd say this is definitely Riverside FSP.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

What type of scanner can receive this? I know digital, but will a Pro 96 do it or do you need one of the newer scanners?
brandon

Post by brandon »

Unfortunately no scanners will do it natively yet. You must use a scanner with a discriminator tap or one of the software defined radios like the RTL dongles, hackRF, etc. Then you interface with a third party program called DSD+ to decode.
CQPSK

Post by CQPSK »

I wonder where the repeater is. T-Band licenses are not typically granted for base stations more than 50 miles from L.A. City Hall. Some hilltops that serve the Inland Empire are within the 50 mile rule, but even so, T-band mobiles are not supposed to be operating in more than a 30 mile radius of the base station. (FCC 90.305)

Post by 800 »

CQPSK wrote:I wonder where the repeater is. T-Band licenses are not typically granted for base stations more than 50 miles from L.A. City Hall. Some hilltops that serve the Inland Empire are within the 50 mile rule, but even so, T-band mobiles are not supposed to be operating in more than a 30 mile radius of the base station. (FCC 90.305)
Sierra Peak, Pleasants Peak and Modjeska Peak are all within the 50 mile contour (Modjeska was built because of the 50 mile contour).

508.9375 is licensed at Sierra Peak (along with other sites).
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ey=1645018
CQPSK

Post by CQPSK »

I was thinking Sierra / Modjeska / Santiago / Sunset'ish. (I suppose I should have taken the time to look it up myself.) I knew Box would not qualify (the former 453 Mhz site).

It will be interesting to see what happens to T-band in the next 5 or os years. All sources indicate the 13 REGIONS (not "cities") will be fighting it tooth & nail.

Personally I think Congress was trickedinto this "give up" by being told it was only "13 CITIES", not being told it was 13 of the most populated regions in the country that use T-band. The whole "Firstnet" thing was being pushed by the big carriers and cellular equipment suppliers more so than public safety IMHO.

I hope T-band gets to saty. It's a great band and has faithfully been serving public safety for decades now in the most populated regions of the country. (Not to mention there really is nowhere they really CAN go, unless to they go to 700 LTE, which seems like a VERY bad choice for mission critical vioce.)