Cal Fire on UHF?

Post frequencies and talkgroups for Riverside County. In this area you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
sp1989

Cal Fire on UHF?

Post by sp1989 »

Receiving Perris dispatch on 453.0875 mhz. I didn't know they had UHF freqs. Is this a link to repeater site maybe?
sp1989

Re: Cal Fire on UHF?

Post by sp1989 »

Does not seem to be a simulcast of any of the VHF freqs, at least that I can find. Only dispatches stations in Temecula & Murrieta area.
brandon

Post by brandon »

There was a UHF link for the old Support 8 from Thomas I believe. I don't have the freq in front of me now but that's probably it. I cannot receive that from here though to confirm.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Thanks, Brandon. Still figuring out what I can receive from my new QTH, and I stumbled across it while searching the UHF police/fire band. Nothing listed in So Cal for that freq in RR.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Weird, because you are closer than I am I think, I'm in Valle Vista, bunch of mountains in the way.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I have hills in the way too. I can barely even hear Hemet from here and its only 10 miles or so.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The signal must bank offa stuff, like in a pool game :lol:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:There was a UHF link for the old Support 8 from Thomas I believe. I don't have the freq in front of me now but that's probably it. I cannot receive that from here though to confirm.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
If I remember correctly, I think Riverside Fire had that link to CDF on that channel. Dunno if it's still up.

I'm also surprised because I thought Murrieta has its own fire service.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

brandon wrote:There was a UHF link for the old Support 8 from Thomas I believe. I don't have the freq in front of me now but that's probably it. I cannot receive that from here though to confirm.
Try listening to the paired frequency 5 MHz up. There was/is a link from Perris to Thomas Mtn for the Support 8 frequency that was up there. That was the only UHF link pair used out of Perris, since just about everywhere else had connectivity to Perris via either the state or the county microwave systems. Thomas Mtn. is an outhouse size block building powered by a propane fired thermocouple that could barely support the remote base and the link, let alone much of anything else. I think there was also a stand alone repeater, I don't remember what net it was on.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

That seems very interesting actually. I remember there is a link from Riverside City Fire to CalFire. That's all the UHF for CalFire I've ever known.