F-16 inflight Emergency

Heard something interesting on the scanner? This is the place to share it with the community. Visitors are also welcome to post links to news articles about incidents that occurred in the county.
John L

F-16 inflight Emergency

Post by John L »

Now they are reporting an F-16 with an Inflight Emergency about 5 min out. Saying that there is a Hydraulic issue and the front landing gear won't come down.

When MARB does training they always say "practice" 3 times at the end of the transmission. They are not doing that this time.
John L

Re: F-16 inflight Emergency

Post by John L »

Now the Dispatcher is telling the trucks that they don't know who gave them the Inflight Emer info. They are saying that it wasn't the Tower or Base Ops. Strange.
sp1989

Re: F-16 inflight Emergency

Post by sp1989 »

I heard this incident as well. It started at 1315 PDT with LOBO 41 SD ANG F-16 with SURF OPS on 271.0 mhz, sounded like they were trying to work out some mechanical issue. Then LOBO 41 with March tower asking about max altitude they could overfly the field at to burn off excess fuel, they were concerned about noise. 1341 LOBO 41 advising March tower they had burned off desired amount of fuel and were making a straight in approach. At one point they mentioned "I'm showing 3 green" so I surmised it was some issue with the landing gear. Never heard the words IFE mentioned, but what other reason to burn off fuel? Neither the pilot or anyone on the ground seemed very excited. Odd. Wish I could listen to their trunked system, but too many mountains in the way here in Hemet.