RSO Sit Along

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

Re: RSO Sit Along

Post by cvrules90 »

I was actually wondering about the numbers. There are 2 telephone numbers for non emergencies, east and west end. I was wondering if dialing the opposing number (ii.e. the 951 number dialed from Palm Desert) had any effect on what would happen, or would it just re-route.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

cvrules90 wrote:I was actually wondering about the numbers. There are 2 telephone numbers for non emergencies, east and west end. I was wondering if dialing the opposing number (ii.e. the 951 number dialed from Palm Desert) had any effect on what would happen, or would it just re-route.

What would usually happen is they would just transfer you to the appropriate dispatch center. Just as if you were to call 911 when you're close to a freeway, you will be sent to CHP first then, if not related to the freeway, transfer you to the correct dispatch center i.e. local police department or fire department, depending on the emergency. its when you're close to the different county lines is when its a mess, you could be transferred 4 or more times unfortunately, depending on the priority of the call.
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

I actually depends on the time. The Indio and Blythe communications centers only operate on weekdays, if you can believe that! So, If you call one of the 760 (eastern) numbers on a weekend, you will automatically be routed to the Riverside Location. Otherwise, you will get whichever center you call.
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

It sounded really good! This is assuming, of course, that you are used to what digital radio sounds like in general. But I think it sounds a lot better than P25 Phase I. The only downside, as far as intelligibility goes, was when there were several people talking in the background, but other noises were filtered out pretty well. In PSAP, the most exciting things I got included a few freaked out 5150/647F subjects and a 273.5. The rest of the calls were pretty boring (manual unit logons, noise complaints, and calls from allied agencies. In the radio room (upstairs), I got a very brief pursuit in Perris in the Ethanac and Case area. Otherwise, it was pretty quiet.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

temfreqhunter wrote:I actually depends on the time. The Indio and Blythe communications centers only operate on weekdays, if you can believe that! So, If you call one of the 760 (eastern) numbers on a weekend, you will automatically be routed to the Riverside Location. Otherwise, you will get whichever center you call.
So then it's best to call toll-free.
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

In theory, yes. Calling the toll free will route you to the correct center automatically based on time. But it really doesn't matter if you call one of the eastern communications centers when they are "closed", because it will also redirect you.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

temfreqhunter wrote:In theory, yes. Calling the toll free will route you to the correct center automatically based on time. But it really doesn't matter if you call one of the eastern communications centers when they are "closed", because it will also redirect you.
But if one, for example, calls the 951 number from the 760 and the 760 is open, they'll be transfered, right?
temfreqhunter

Post by temfreqhunter »

Yes. That is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Great minds think alike.
C4FM

Post by C4FM »

-All the radio consoles now use a different vendor (not Motorola or M/A Com) for their "radio keyboard" and Motorola Centracom Elite software to manage/switch/patch talkgroups and/or sites.
-From talking to several communications officers, most of the staff does not like the new system, and some have even left because of it. They say that a deputy will step on them, so they can hear it. However, other field units cannot (TDMA hardware).

In response to above info in a previous post,

-All of the PSEC consoles are Motorola MCC-7500 NOT Centracom (Centracom is end of life and will not be supported soon). The consoles use "Genesis" keyboards and Genesis software for the system monitoring interfaces (Genesis is Motorola's sub contractor/vendor for these applications).

-The field units cannot key over dispatch, one unit at a time can key up while dispatch is keyed up and the dispatcher will hear the traffic from the subscriber that is keyed up in their headset. However, the dispatchers audio still goes out to all the other field units, meaning the other units will continue to hear dispatch even though some field unit keyed up under them. This is called the "Duplex" feature and it is not specific to TDMA systems.

-To date, no dispatchers have left because they "didn't like the new radio system," that info is wrong. Most dispatchers have now adapted to the digital audio.

-C4FM