Cells vs Stations

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
retiredFD07

Cells vs Stations

Post by retiredFD07 »

I've searched the Forum and it doesn't appear this question has arisen yet: Which stations does each cell cover?

I.e., If I'm listening to the West cell, which stations can I expect to hear? I know I'll hear units from the Jurupa station, and Ithink Perris and Moval.

Does anyone have a list of which stations are covered by each trunking cell?

Five minutes later --- never mind, I found the info in the Frequencies section under the RCSO section.

Brandon, you can remove this post.
cvrules90

Re: Cells vs Stations

Post by cvrules90 »

I am not sure if this is correct but here is a reference:

West = Jurupa, Moreno Valley
Central = Cabazon/Hemet
South = Lake Elsinore, Perris, Temecula
Desert = Indio, Palm Desert
Blythe = Colorado River

Because the system is networked and the south cell is a simulcast cell, you can expect to hear other stations that usually are not in that main area. For example, when I was visiting in 2009 to the desert area, I would hear the Cabazon and Hemet TGs pop up from time to time.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

cvrules90 wrote:I am not sure if this is correct but here is a reference:

West = Jurupa, Moreno Valley
Central = Cabazon/Hemet
South = Lake Elsinore, Perris, Temecula
Desert = Indio, Palm Desert
Blythe =

Because the system is networked and the south cell is a simulcast cell, you can expect to hear other stations that usually are not in that main area. For example, when I was visiting in 2009 to the desert area, I would hear the Cabazon and Hemet TGs pop up from time to time.

You are correct per the r.s.o. Web site.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

That's what I thought.