East Hemet

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
Hooks455

East Hemet

Post by Hooks455 »

Does anyone know why there is very little traffic on the central site of the RSO? I am trying to help my dad who lives on the east side of Hemet in the county listen to RSO. From what I can understand, the Central System is what he needs to have programed into his scanner, it is a Uniden BCT-8.
IEscanner

Re: East Hemet

Post by IEscanner »

I live in East Hemet the traffic seems the same to me but last week they had problems with there Radios.
Hooks455

Post by Hooks455 »

Which system are you scanning, West or Central system?
IEscanner

Post by IEscanner »

I scan all of them.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Hello. I cannot pick it up from my location but when I am in the area normally the Hemet-Cabazon, Temecula and Moreno Valley dispatch talkgroups can be heard on a regular basis. Central does not have as many affiliated users in the trunker log compared to South or West.

You might also try 855.9875 to hear Cabazon/Hemet RSO dispatch if your having trouble monitoring the EDACS system.
IEscanner

Post by IEscanner »

Central system /Cabazon, you will get RSO Hemet or Valle Vista Station, Ida Units San Jacinto,Smith Correctional Facility and a few othere transport. Like Brandon says there is not much traffic on it. I get them all but the desert or Blythe I have noticed a lot cross county talk group usage more than before.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

brandon wrote:Hello. I cannot pick it up from my location but when I am in the area normally the Hemet-Cabazon, Temecula and Moreno Valley dispatch talkgroups can be heard on a regular basis. Central does not have as many affiliated users in the trunker log compared to South or West.

You might also try 855.9875 to hear Cabazon/Hemet RSO dispatch if your having trouble monitoring the EDACS system.
Brandon, do you know why they multicast cabazon ? On just one freq ? Is this so banning & Beaumont can't come on their frequencies for mutual aid ?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I remember reading that some years ago, there was a double-murder of deputies (can't remember their names) in the Cabazon-Hemet area. So it was more of a "band-aid" to allow them to simulcast when their EDACS radios are down-which I'm sure you noticed is a given.

To go off topic for a while, I kinda wish they would annex East Hemet with Hemet. It's kinda stupid to have an unincorporated area just on the fringe of another city (like North Palm Springs and East Blythe). Still, to get back on topic, I believe that's what happened. I could very well be wrong so don't quote me (well, do so by clicking but I may be wrong).
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:I remember reading that some years ago, there was a double-murder of deputies (can't remember their names) in the Cabazon-Hemet area. So it was more of a "band-aid" to allow them to simulcast when their EDACS radios are down-which I'm sure you noticed is a given.
This is partially correct. The conventional simulcast channel in the Banning Pass was put there because the pass is on the edge of both the desert and central EDACS systems, so coverage is marginal. Radio coverage was not a factor in the double murder of the two deputies at all, but it heightened concern about the marginal coverage.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

zz0468 wrote:
cvrules90 wrote:I remember reading that some years ago, there was a double-murder of deputies (can't remember their names) in the Cabazon-Hemet area. So it was more of a "band-aid" to allow them to simulcast when their EDACS radios are down-which I'm sure you noticed is a given.
This is partially correct. The conventional simulcast channel in the Banning Pass was put there because the pass is on the edge of both the desert and central EDACS systems, so coverage is marginal. Radio coverage was not a factor in the double murder of the two deputies at all, but it heightened concern about the marginal coverage.
Oh ok then maybe I got something wrong.