Colorado River Station

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
brandon

Colorado River Station

Post by brandon »

Does anyone know where the Colorado River Station went? A friend reported they are no longer heard on the EDACS system and no luck searching the entire 800 MHz range. Isn't it too early for PSEC or could they really be switching this soon? Any ideas?
2wayfreq

Re: Colorado River Station

Post by 2wayfreq »

They should still be on the Blythe System. The radio traffic out there is minimal though.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Yep you are right. I was out there today and Adam units still using talkgroup 1041.
Same dispatch console id 2900 from last years notes.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

brandon wrote:Does anyone know where the Colorado River Station went? A friend reported they are no longer heard on the EDACS system and no luck searching the entire 800 MHz range. Isn't it too early for PSEC or could they really be switching this soon? Any ideas?
Hi Brandon... I was in Blythe the other day and harley hear any units. I was wondering if they changed freq. or something. I should have just tested to see if the control channel were broadcasting. You have some great post on RR by the way. Your the man ! :mrgreen:
scnradio

Post by scnradio »

i live in blythe and they sometimes used the radio. most of the time they take to dispatch throw the computer. There are only maybe 4 officer on at a time.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I think they sometimes patch with the Indio station dispatch channel too.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

scnradio wrote:i live in blythe and they sometimes used the radio. most of the time they take to dispatch throw the computer. There are only maybe 4 officer on at a time.
Great info.. I would think if they are that slow...they would patch with palm desert. However I never heard Blythe units here in my desert. :o
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Maybe you don't listen at the right time, but I do agree patching helps because you could one person to do a slow area and an active area at the same time. Saves some money too.