R.S.O. Desert units designators

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
PTR-Jason

Re: R.S.O. Desert units designators

Post by PTR-Jason »

I was in it for 4.5 years, Temecula PD/RSO. It was fun, learned a lot. Worked a lot of events like the Tractor Race ( are no more :( ), Rod Run, 4th Of July parades, and events, Ballon and Wine fest, Ramona Pagent. Did searches for a missing person up in De Luz. He was found the following week, during another search.

Learned a lot I still use everyday.

If you are still under 21, I would suggest trying to join. It is fun and you were gain new friends for life.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

PTR-Jason wrote:I was in it for 4.5 years, Temecula PD/RSO. It was fun, learned a lot. Worked a lot of events like the Tractor Race ( are no more :( ), Rod Run, 4th Of July parades, and events, Ballon and Wine fest, Ramona Pagent. Did searches for a missing person up in De Luz. He was found the following week, during another search.

Learned a lot I still use everyday.

If you are still under 21, I would suggest trying to join. It is fun and you were gain new friends for life.
So you probably got to go on ride-alongs with deputies.

Too bad I'm almost 23. (Getting old I know)

Do you, by any chance, know if the fire departments have something like that?
PTR-Jason

Post by PTR-Jason »

Yes most FDs do have Explorers. Even some ambulance companies, usually ran by cities. And Military braches even have some verson as well, not ROTC. But like the Marines they have a Young Pups program that is for like 12 or 13 to 17-18 year olds.

I am 29 now, and have been an Explorer, armed security(CA), volunteer firefighter(IN), tribal ranger(CA), state corrections officer (IN), and sworn police officer (AR).
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

PTR-Jason wrote:Yes most FDs do have Explorers. Even some ambulance companies, usually ran by cities. And Military braches even have some verson as well, not ROTC. But like the Marines they have a Young Pups program that is for like 12 or 13 to 17-18 year olds.

I am 29 now, and have been an Explorer, armed security(CA), volunteer firefighter(IN), tribal ranger(CA), state corrections officer (IN), and sworn police officer (AR).
Sounds like you have been all over the place. Must have been exciting and fun.