Nora

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

Nora

Post by cvrules90 »

Are there any Nora units in RSO? I don't see it listed in the callsigns so don't know if it was deliberately left out or what?
scnradio

Re: Nora

Post by scnradio »

They are called K-9. ( Robert K-9 3, and so on)
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

cvrules90 wrote:Are there any Nora units in RSO? I don't see it listed in the callsigns so don't know if it was deliberately left out or what?

Are you sure you are not hearing "10-98 nora". Which is no report taken. 8-)
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

4and6 wrote:
cvrules90 wrote:Are there any Nora units in RSO? I don't see it listed in the callsigns so don't know if it was deliberately left out or what?

Are you sure you are not hearing "10-98 nora". Which is no report taken. 8-)
I actually meant in terms of callsign. Like there are "Tom" and "Lincoln" units.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I just checked the official RSO agency identifier list, and there is no "Nora" unit identifier. Whether they skipped it for a reason, who knows? You would think it would be Norco units, but they are actually "George." The list is weird, as some identifiers make sense like "MV" for Moreno Valley, but some are random, like "Adam" for Blythe Station, "Ocean" for Palm Desert county area, and so on.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:I just checked the official RSO agency identifier list, and there is no "Nora" unit identifier. Whether they skipped it for a reason, who knows? You would think it would be Norco units, but they are actually "George." The list is weird, as some identifiers make sense like "MV" for Moreno Valley, but some are random, like "Adam" for Blythe Station, "Ocean" for Palm Desert county area, and so on.
And you would think Palm Desert officers would use "Paul" and San Jacinto officers would use Sam.

And La Quinta should have L-Q not L-A. And so on. I could write a book about RSO unit identifiers, but it's such a shame that there is a shortage, that some cities like Perris have to use the city name as an identifier.