West LCNs

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

West LCNs

Post by cvrules90 »

Is it true that the West system now only has 10 LCNs instead of 12? Why did they reduce? Must be that our nightmare is about to come true soon...
brandon

Re: West LCNs

Post by brandon »

Only 10 channels have ever shown up viewing from etrunker. Been this way since 2005 when I first started using that program on the RSO EDACS. See screenshot below:

Unknown prior since I did not live here.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Hi Brandon,

What do I need to get to get this info. On my windows7 computers? I have a uniden 346xt. :o I would love to monitor the freq. in palm desert area.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I don't think you can do that. Your best is to go to the west.

Why then, where there 12 frequencies listed for West in the past? That must be old stuff.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

cvrules90 wrote:I don't think you can do that. Your best is to go to the west.

Why then, where there 12 frequencies listed for West in the past? That must be old stuff.

Maybe I did not make myself clear... I want to monitor the desert talk groups on Brandon software. :o
brandon

Post by brandon »

It requires a scanner with a discriminator tap. You can also use one of those $25 dollar RTL SDRs (although it's more hassle).

I forgot where exactly I got the program but I have uploaded it as the attachment. It's a DOS type program, so I don't know if it works on Windows 7. But it works perfectly under Windows XP. The important thing is to have a scanner with discriminator tap to capture the raw unfiltered audio and feed it into the line-in on your computer. Park the scanner on the control channel, run etrunker.bat and it should start decoding. To get the alpha tags for radio ids and talkgroups you must enter them.

If you prefer something with a GUI there is UniTrunker. But I'm just not a fan of it since it went to a cluttered interface. For the PSEC system (and ERICA) another good one is Pro96Com. It works with newer scanners that can do CC data output (without need of the discriminator tap mod) like the Pro-96, Pro-197, BCD396XT, etc. It will NOT do the EDACS system though.
4and6

Trunking decoding via computer

Post by 4and6 »

brandon wrote:It requires a scanner with a discriminator tap. You can also use one of those $25 dollar RTL SDRs (although it's more hassle).

I forgot where exactly I got the program but I have uploaded it as the attachment. It's a DOS type program, so I don't know if it works on Windows 7. But it works perfectly under Windows XP. The important thing is to have a scanner with discriminator tap to capture the raw unfiltered audio and feed it into the line-in on your computer. Park the scanner on the control channel, run etrunker.bat and it should start decoding. To get the alpha tags for radio ids and talkgroups you must enter them.

If you prefer something with a GUI there is UniTrunker. But I'm just not a fan of it since it went to a cluttered interface. For the PSEC system (and ERICA) another good one is Pro96Com. It works with newer scanners that can do CC data output (without need of the discriminator tap mod) like the Pro-96, Pro-197, BCD396XT, etc. It will NOT do the EDACS system though.

Awesome info.... What about proscan.org ? This looks what I'm looking for. Please check out screen shots...tell me what you think ?

Does the uniden 15x have a tap ? I'm in the electronics business and I know what a tap is but..I'm a little lost on the descriminator part... Sorry to be a pain . :o
Brian

Post by Brian »

Discriminator output
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... tor_output

Trunked Radio Decoders
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.ph ... o_Decoders

http://www.discriminator.nl/index-en.html

Other software like ProScan is ID Tracker software for your 346XT
http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/idtr ... TrackerIII

You will also like the Pro96Com software Brandon and everyone uses on those P25 trunked systems. It's one of the best software available!
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:It requires a scanner with a discriminator tap. You can also use one of those $25 dollar RTL SDRs (although it's more hassle).

Thanks for the info. It's just that for a long time, I've been seeing 12 LCN frequency pairs for the West system. So I didn't know if 11 and 12 were just recently dropped or what. If there were always 10 channels, someone should send that data out to RR. Also, would be a good idea to identify the control channel.
brandon

Post by brandon »

Control channel rotates on the EDACS system. It can be on any freq. Lately its been hanging out on LCN 10