New Radios System

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

Re: New Radios System

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:They are on the new system now despite what that article says. I last picked up very limited channels a few days back. I haven't heard anything the last day or two. I used to also listen to Animal Control on the old system. I was curious if they would be on the new system as well and now I know . God forbid if someone hears Animal Control without it being encrypted . Who knows what a crazy could do if they where monitoring the dog catcher . I do still receive RSO Cabazon in my area, The various RSO channels are still listed in the Radio Reference the old system is not. Hopefully they will keep them running.
This is very confusing. You say they're on the new system, and Kingscup posted an article in another forum that it will happen mid-to-late summer. And radio reference is still showing the EDACS radio as being active.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I think Martin's radio is Tango Uniform, or he needs an outdoor antenna, I'm listening to Jurupa and Murder Valley right now, same as it has been for the last 18 years. Not to worry, for a long while I'd say....
Martin

Post by Martin »

It read the article too but I have been scanning all day and nothing from the old system. Last week I was picking up intermittent traffic but much less then normal. My guess is that they hadn't got everyone on the new system yet. My software library import still list the complete system but if you look up Riverside County Sheriff by itself it only list the RSO channels. It used to list the entire old system .
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:It read the article too but I have been scanning all day and nothing from the old system. Last week I was picking up intermittent traffic but much less then normal. My guess is that they hadn't got everyone on the new system yet. My software library import still list the complete system but if you look up Riverside County Sheriff by itself it only list the RSO channels. It used to list the entire old system .
On this website? There is a link to it when you click Riverside County Sheriff.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Not sure about antenna issue. Been listening all day , getting everything else I usually get out here in Banning. Always got old system before loud and clear. Still haven't heard them today , except RSO Cabazon in which I always get and is separate from the old system . I use a Radio Shack 20-006 antenna. Works much better then the rubber duck standard antenna. Maybe they have a repeater down out this way ?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:Not sure about antenna issue. Been listening all day , getting everything else I usually get out here in Banning. Always got old system before loud and clear. Still haven't heard them today , except RSO Cabazon in which I always get and is separate from the old system . I use a Radio Shack 20-006 antenna. Works much better then the rubber duck standard antenna. Maybe they have a repeater down out this way ?
That area (Banning-Beaumont-Cabazon) is prone to radio dead spots, so they probably changed to MDTs for some time until they either switch to the new system, or until the techies address the issue.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

I can't account for why some members aren't hearing what they used to hear on EDACS, but I'm in Riverside and I'm currently monitoring Jurupa disp, MoVal disp, one of the SIB TG's, Elsinore F2 c/c, Transpotation, D.A. units, and Animal Control on the EDACS.

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I think sometime in the summer will be when the system will officially be activated.
egilstrap62

Post by egilstrap62 »

I STILL HEAR RSO ON OLD SYS I LIVE IN MORENO VALLEY M.V.P.D. IS ON OLD SYS STILL. I DONT HAVE TRUNKED SCANNER I HAVE A OLD BEARCAT WITH 800 THE ONLY CH.s I CAN HEAR WITHOUT THAT UNGODLEY NOSIE IS 867.2625-867.2125 DONT GET ALL OF TRAFFIC BUT PIECES OF THINGs. SOMETHING IS GOING ON I CAN FIGURE OUT WERE ITS AT. ED
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

egilstrap62 wrote:I STILL HEAR RSO ON OLD SYS I LIVE IN MORENO VALLEY M.V.P.D. IS ON OLD SYS STILL. I DONT HAVE TRUNKED SCANNER I HAVE A OLD BEARCAT WITH 800 THE ONLY CH.s I CAN HEAR WITHOUT THAT UNGODLEY NOSIE IS 867.2625-867.2125 DONT GET ALL OF TRAFFIC BUT PIECES OF THINGs. SOMETHING IS GOING ON I CAN FIGURE OUT WERE ITS AT. ED
Good stuff keep us updated.