New Radios System

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
egilstrap62

New Radios System

Post by egilstrap62 »

when are they going to turn them on does anyone know
cvrules90

Re: New Radios System

Post by cvrules90 »

egilstrap62 wrote:when are they going to turn them on does anyone know
I've been wondering the same thing.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Pretty sure its off now. I haven't heard anything out of the old system today . I am only just receiving RSO Cabazon feed on 855.987500 ctcss 110.9 . On top of that updated my PRO 107 software and it no longer list the old system in the library . It only lists the RSO feeds like the one I listed above. I wonder if they will keep those feeds up ?
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Martin wrote:Pretty sure its off now. I haven't heard anything out of the old system today . I am only just receiving RSO Cabazon feed on 855.987500 ctcss 110.9 . On top of that updated my PRO 107 software and it no longer list the old system in the library . It only lists the RSO feeds like the one I listed above. I wonder if they will keep those feeds up ?
If it's a digitally encrypted trunked system, there is probably a small-to-no chance of the conventonal frequency pairs to be kept. It would not however shock me if they had some BandAids on hand in case the system crashed, so maybe they'll use their old VHF, or the EDACS radio system for a fallback means of communication. At least that's what I think.
brandon

Post by brandon »

The EDACS system is still up. I'm listening as I write this.

I have another receiver dedicated to logging/analyzing the PSEC and last week there was a bit of testing on a good number of talkgroups --- enough to notice some patterns. But I don't see anything that indicates regular activity.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Phew! I actually thought it was over.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

I'm listening as well, business as usual in west county.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

See my post ('Nuther Delay) in the PSEC topics Forum.

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

retiredFD07 wrote:See my post ('Nuther Delay) in the PSEC topics Forum.

<>< Mike
Yay!
Martin

Post by Martin »

They are on the new system now despite what that article says. I last picked up very limited channels a few days back. I haven't heard anything the last day or two. I used to also listen to Animal Control on the old system. I was curious if they would be on the new system as well and now I know . God forbid if someone hears Animal Control without it being encrypted . Who knows what a crazy could do if they where monitoring the dog catcher . I do still receive RSO Cabazon in my area, The various RSO channels are still listed in the Radio Reference the old system is not. Hopefully they will keep them running.