RSO Tac 17 and Tac 18

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
cvrules90

RSO Tac 17 and Tac 18

Post by cvrules90 »

What are they used for? On some sites, Tac 18 is labelled as Car-Car.
brandon

Re: RSO Tac 17 and Tac 18

Post by brandon »

used by SEB (SWAT team)
Not a lot of activity on it, but sometimes you'll hear something.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

So probably SWAT dispatch and car-car. I've seen them listed before and thought it's a dispatch channel for unincorporated communities but soon I noticed that those cars are dispatched on the station's dispatch channel.
brandon

Post by brandon »

I've not heard any dispatching on it.
They just show up here from time to time.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

brandon wrote:I've not heard any dispatching on it.
They just show up here from time to time.
To be honest, I never saw it come up.
retiredFD07

Post by retiredFD07 »

Never heard any activity on Tac 18. Heard something on Tac 17 earlier this year but don't have a record of what was going on.
Last time I heard decent activity on Tac 17 was three years ago when they were working a barricaded suspect in Jurupa.

<>< Mike
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Must be for special events or incidents that require participation of deputies assigned to more than one station (like LASO has Area and Couny Tacs).
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

If you are speaking of the TGs labeled Tac 17 & 18, unless they re specifically reserved for a specific operation, anyone with an EDACS HT can use them for whatever. Jail deputies used to use them and other side TGs for whatever stupid traffic they didn't want to put on a main dispatch channel, like ordering hamburgers and stuff. There was a Sgt. that I used to work for that took all of the EDACS HTs from RGH (back when RGH was on UHF and had not transitioned to 800 Mhz) and used them to work security at some golf tournament he had something to do with. A lot of scandalous stuff happens in that dept.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:If you are speaking of the TGs labeled Tac 17 & 18, unless they re specifically reserved for a specific operation, anyone with an EDACS HT can use them for whatever. Jail deputies used to use them and other side TGs for whatever stupid traffic they didn't want to put on a main dispatch channel, like ordering hamburgers and stuff. There was a Sgt. that I used to work for that took all of the EDACS HTs from RGH (back when RGH was on UHF and had not transitioned to 800 Mhz) and used them to work security at some golf tournament he had something to do with. A lot of scandalous stuff happens in that dept.
But I think it is safe to say that it's used for special events.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

cvrules90 wrote:
sp1989 wrote:If you are speaking of the TGs labeled Tac 17 & 18, unless they re specifically reserved for a specific operation, anyone with an EDACS HT can use them for whatever. Jail deputies used to use them and other side TGs for whatever stupid traffic they didn't want to put on a main dispatch channel, like ordering hamburgers and stuff. There was a Sgt. that I used to work for that took all of the EDACS HTs from RGH (back when RGH was on UHF and had not transitioned to 800 Mhz) and used them to work security at some golf tournament he had something to do with. A lot of scandalous stuff happens in that dept.
But I think it is safe to say that it's used for special events.
I wouldn't say that. There are a lot of talk groups that are assigned to specific functions that never or rarely get used for anything, mostly out of habit I suspect. Car to Car or individual is most popular.
Last edited by sp1989 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.