Administration

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. This area was mostly for stuff about the old EDACS system, but new topics about RSO are also welcome.
zz0468

Re: Administration

Post by zz0468 »

cvrules90 wrote:Actually, I think I remember hearing one of those when I went to tour the old Palm Desert Station (the one that was still on Fred Waring for those who can't remember). I even I heard it while I was still outside (unless that was from a car radio as there were several cars parked out front). That really does sound like a good idea especially considering they will be encrypted soon but they may go away as you say so we'll see.
The cops don't care if it's encrypted. If they need an audio feed to the station with encrypted audio, they'd put one in. After all, they're authorized.
zz0468

Post by zz0468 »

sp1989 wrote:Way back when EDACS first went into service, I think you are correct, there was a TG for Administration use, but like you said, I don't think it was used much, if at all. There used to be TGs assigned for other uses that never got used as well.
If you remember what was on the old VHF system, what they ended up actually using on EDACS, at least at first, wasn't much more than what they had to start with.
sp1989 wrote:I recall an incident from when RSO first switched over and the upper echelon had HTs assigned to them. One captain took his and threw it under the seat of his car on his way home. In the process, he accidentally hit the "emergency" trigger, and dispatch went ape shit for hours trying to find out who and where the Code Red came from. Boy, was he embarassed when he came back to work a few days later.
There were a LOT of accidental emergencies back then.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

That one actually reminds of when that pilot hit the emergency button accidentally a couple of years ago and panicked all the passangers. That one got a laugh out of all my friends when I told them!