In The News....

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
cvrules90

Re: In The News....

Post by cvrules90 »

Well for right now, three stations isn't bad, the Town Center station lies just in the central part of town so it can go just about anywhere the crew needs to go. There is also a fire station on the south end of town (Mesa View area), and in the north end of town. But I do agree, if PD grows (like it has already ;), then there would HAVE to be talk about new fire stations since it would get harder to respond to incidents when everybody is tied up but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

I forgot to mention, there are also plans for a station on the east side of Palm Desert. Again, put on hold due to the economy.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Kingscup wrote:I forgot to mention, there are also plans for a station on the east side of Palm Desert. Again, put on hold due to the economy.
I guess patience is a virtue so we'll all wait and see...
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Kingscup wrote: Perris approves new fire station.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_ ... eb8fd.html
Cal Fire type 3 engines will remain at station 1 and engine 1 will be be moved here.
Reliable source states this will be station 101.
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Update to station 97. The plan is to initially only staff a truck company there with plans to add an engine in the future.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/swcou ... f9d05.html
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Kingscup wrote:There have been plans to build a "University fire station" on or near the CSUSB campus in the area of Gerald Ford and Frank Sinatra Dr. Again, due to the economy, it has been placed on hold for now.
Sta.71 handles that area. The campus and the rest of the commercial area needs to be built up ...that area is stagnet now. Hopefully palm desert will annex north of the freeway...possibly new comminities. :mrgreen:
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Fire Station 99 in Moreno Valley will open on Wednesday 10/24.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside- ... o-open.ece
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

I have not seen anything official but it looks like station 101 in Perris will open on Nov. 19th.