RRU

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
cvrules90

RRU

Post by cvrules90 »

What does that stand for?
scnradio

Re: RRU

Post by scnradio »

Riverside Ranger Unit
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

Every fire department in the state has a 3 letter designator to identify themselves for various reasons. Cal Fire at the state level has a designator of CDF while each individual unit (i.e. Riverside, San Bernardino , San Benito/Monterey etc.) have their own designator ending in U. RRU is considered Riverside Unit.

BDU- San Bernardino Unit
MVU- San Diego Unit
LNU- Lake/Napa/Sonoma Unit
Etc...

LFD- Los Angeles Fire Department
ORC- Orange County Fire Authority
RIV- Riverside City Fire Department
Etc.

More Info here.
http://www.firescope.org/macs-docs/MACS-410-2.pdf
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

scnradio wrote:Riverside Ranger Unit
Cal Fire no longer uses the term "ranger". It stopped using that approximately 20 years ago.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I thought Los Angeles Fire was LAFD. Still thanks for the explanation.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

Kingscup wrote:Every fire department in the state has a 3 letter designator to identify themselves for various reasons. Cal Fire at the state level has a designator of CDF while each individual unit (i.e. Riverside, San Bernardino , San Benito/Monterey etc.) have their own designator ending in U. RRU is considered Riverside Unit.

BDU- San Bernardino Unit
MVU- San Diego Unit
LNU- Lake/Napa/Sonoma Unit
Etc...

LFD- Los Angeles Fire Department
ORC- Orange County Fire Authority
RIV- Riverside City Fire Department
Etc.

More Info here.
http://www.firescope.org/macs-docs/MACS-410-2.pdf

Don't forget. CNF Cleveland national forest... :mrgreen:
markb

Post by markb »

cvrules90 wrote:I thought Los Angeles Fire was LAFD. Still thanks for the explanation.
That is *an* abbreviation of Los Angeles Fire Department, but it is not the *FIRESCOPE* 3 letter agency designator.
Each designator is unique each agency. If you went by "AFD", would you be the Anaheim FD? Alhambra FD? Atwater FD? The FIRESCOPE system eliminates that confusion.

Additionally,
As previously mentioned, any designator ending in "U" is CALFire
Ending in "F" is USFS
Ending in "C" is county
Starting with "X" designates the county operational area.
For example, if you have a strike team of engines from various city departments, even a county engine or 2, the strike team's designator would be XRI for Riv Co, XOR for Orange County, etc. I won't get into LA County 'cause it gets complicated.
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

markb wrote:
cvrules90 wrote:I thought Los Angeles Fire was LAFD. Still thanks for the explanation.
That is *an* abbreviation of Los Angeles Fire Department, but it is not the *FIRESCOPE* 3 letter agency designator.
Each designator is unique each agency. If you went by "AFD", would you be the Anaheim FD? Alhambra FD? Atwater FD? The FIRESCOPE system eliminates that confusion.

Additionally,
As previously mentioned, any designator ending in "U" is CALFire
Ending in "F" is USFS
Ending in "C" is county
Starting with "X" designates the county operational area.
For example, if you have a strike team of engines from various city departments, even a county engine or 2, the strike team's designator would be XRI for Riv Co, XOR for Orange County, etc. I won't get into LA County 'cause it gets complicated.
Great info.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Thanks to everyone for great information on this matter.