Supports to Commands

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
cvrules90

Supports to Commands

Post by cvrules90 »

When RVC FD converts their Support channels to Comnmand, will they be used for the same reponse areas (i.e. like Support 12 covers the Cove Communities)?
Kingscup

Re: Supports to Commands

Post by Kingscup »

I would expect it to remain the same but I have no info on it.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Kingscup wrote:I would expect it to remain the same but I have no info on it.
We'll have to keep the tabs on it, by the way, do they still do tone-out codes when alerting stations?
4and6

Post by 4and6 »

cvrules90 wrote:
Kingscup wrote:I would expect it to remain the same but I have no info on it.
We'll have to keep the tabs on it, by the way, do they still do tone-out codes when alerting stations?
Yes they do
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

I just thought that with the PSEC they would go to a new station paging mechanism. What's up with Support 10/12, have they changed?
Kingscup

Post by Kingscup »

cvrules90 wrote:I just thought that with the PSEC they would go to a new station paging mechanism. What's up with Support 10/12, have they changed?
Still no info on it. Maybe they are waiting on freqs to be freed up so they be used as input freqs. I just don't know. I thought you lived in the cove communities so you would hear 10/12 when they are repeated on your scanner. When I hear about the change to command freqs., I will post it. I don't have any further info.

During the middle of last year, I read an e-mail about converting to PSEC. I went back and re-read it. I thought it was about the start of beta testing at the fire station using 1 battalion. It was actually converting the MDCs to the PSEC system. That has been completed to my knowledge. The e-mail stated the fire stations would be converted "soon". Once the stations are converted, I don't expect any changes in the way calls are being dispatched (i.e. tones) any time soon.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

Yeah I remember in the years before PSEC even came online, they had planned for replacing the data side of the fire department (station alerts, etc...) and that everyday comms would still be on their VHF radio system. I remember Riverside City Fire dropped their tone-out codes in December 2011 and I remember Kingscup saying that the way crews are dispatched would change from the two-tone sequence. Maybe I'm wrong.
C4FM

Post by C4FM »

Fire is staying narrowband analog for all of thier voice communications. They have swithched their MDC and data systems over to the PSEC network, however they are not coming onto the voice side of the system.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

C4FM wrote:Fire is staying narrowband analog for all of thier voice communications. They have swithched their MDC and data systems over to the PSEC network, however they are not coming onto the voice side of the system.
That's true. I still expect the fire toneouts to go away soon.