Prior to Contracting

Topics about scanning the Riverside County Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other RVC fire scanning topics.
cvrules90

Prior to Contracting

Post by cvrules90 »

Palm Desert was incorporated back in 1973. However, I remember reading that it didn't contract with Riverside County Fire until 1983. So I was wondering, who provided fire services to Palm Desert prior to then? Did it have a city fire department that disbanded by chance?
Paulndooc

Re: Prior to Contracting

Post by Paulndooc »

In 1981 Palm Desert joined forces with the cities of Rancho Mirage and Indian Wells to form the "Cove Communities Servcies Commision"

Thje commission governed by reps from the three cities collaborated in providing fire and ambulance services
cost effectively in a regional manner through a single contract with Riverside County.

The commission still exists however is no longer responsible for fire/ambulance services.

The three cities once again have individual fire protection contracts
cvrules90

Re: Prior to Contracting

Post by cvrules90 »

Paulndooc wrote:In 1981 Palm Desert joined forces with the cities of Rancho Mirage and Indian Wells to form the "Cove Communities Servcies Commision"

Thje commission governed by reps from the three cities collaborated in providing fire and ambulance services
cost effectively in a regional manner through a single contract with Riverside County.

The commission still exists however is no longer responsible for fire/ambulance services.

The three cities once again have individual fire protection contracts
Thanks for the info. I was also wondering how things were in the 70s.