Chino Air Show

Come here to discuss civilian aircraft radio communications and flight tracking. Many topics can be found here including ADS-B, Mode S logs and aircraft lists.
retiredFD07

Chino Air Show

Post by retiredFD07 »

Two frequencies of interest:
132.55 is the Air Boss. All of the ground and aerial co-ordination is here. This is normally a back-up frequency for Chino tower and ground.
124.15 is one of two aerial discreet frequencies. Took me most of the day to find this. I heard many performers "going to discreet" but never heard them, even though I was scanning all air show frequencies that I had from over the years, plus searching 122.0 ~ 123.6. I finally got lucky and heard the Air Boss give this freq to a performer. However, this is one of two discreet frequencies they were using. I'll see what I can come up with after tomorrow's performance. BTW, 124.15 is also the VHF check-in for the Yuma military restricted areas.

<>< Mike
retiredFD07

Re: Chino Air Show

Post by retiredFD07 »

Found the second discreet frequency today, but they must have changed it from yesterday. It's 123.15. I not only had that freq entered in the scanning radio, but it was also in the search range of the second radio. No way I could have missed this yesterday.

<>< Mike
sp1989

Re: Chino Air Show

Post by sp1989 »

Apparently, they changed the discrete every day. I went on Saturday, and one announcer mentioned she was not sure if she could get voice from the pilot because they changed the discrete freq from Friday and she didn't know the new one yet.