Milaircomms.com website taken down

This forum is for discussions about scanning military radio communications on HF, VHF/UHF and beyond. You will also find logs and other real-time flight tracking information.
sp1989

Milaircomms.com website taken down

Post by sp1989 »

The Milaricomms.com website is no more. It had a lot of good info in on place, as well as a mode-S logger to see what military planes are flying around the area. I read that the FBI was the cause of it, but unrelated to the content of the website. The person who ran it is allegedly a crook. :shock:
cvrules90

Re: Milaircomms.com website taken down

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:The Milaricomms.com website is no more. It had a lot of good info in on place, as well as a mode-S logger to see what military planes are flying around the area. I read that the FBI was the cause of it, but unrelated to the content of the website. The person who ran it is allegedly a crook. :shock:
Shame on me. I never even got to visit that site. Could have become a military scanning hobbyist but nothing is really a whole lot interesting except for the camp's fire department.
sp1989

Milaircomms.com website back up

Post by sp1989 »

Tried it tonite, and it seems to be back. The main thing I like is the ADSB logger, which is working, but with no receiver sites of any value to those of us in the IE. Glad I bought my own receiving equipment for mode S.
cvrules90

Re: Milaircomms.com website back up

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Tried it tonite, and it seems to be back. The main thing I like is the ADSB logger, which is working, but with no receiver sites of any value to those of us in the IE. Glad I bought my own receiving equipment for mode S.
Do they, by any chance, have any information on the US DoD P25 system?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

The focus of Milaricomms.com is military aviation communications. No trunking systems are covered. RR has a wealth of info re: military P-25 trunked systems.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:The focus of Milaricomms.com is military aviation communications. No trunking systems are covered. RR has a wealth of info re: military P-25 trunked systems.
Ah I see. Probably should get into monitoring that kind of stuff. They're like second to public safety I think.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

You don't have to be very close to a military airfield, transmissions from aircraft can be heard from a good distance, line of sight is unobstructed from a plane at 30,000. All you need is scanner that covers the 225-390 mhz mil aircraft band and some type of outdoor antenna. I am using a mobile antenna sitting on a metal plate for a groundplane, works fine.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:You don't have to be very close to a military airfield, transmissions from aircraft can be heard from a good distance, line of sight is unobstructed from a plane at 30,000. All you need is scanner that covers the 225-390 mhz mil aircraft band and some type of outdoor antenna. I am using a mobile antenna sitting on a metal plate for a groundplane, works fine.
The Dod P-25 system also uses the 380-395 MHz band I believe.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

It does, but that has nothing to do with mil air comms. Mixing apples and oranges. The closest any military aircraft comes to trunking is the HAVEQUICK system.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:It does, but that has nothing to do with mil air comms. Mixing apples and oranges. The closest any military aircraft comes to trunking is the HAVEQUICK system.
Didn't intend to mix apples with oranges.