San Bernardino County P25 Upgrade Plans

Forum to discuss radio scanning outside of Riverside County. This is the ideal place to post topics related to Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Imperial County and Western Arizona.
cvrules90

Re: San Bernardino County P25 Upgrade Plans

Post by cvrules90 »

Do we know which phase it is? 1 or 2?
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

It says right in the data that Brian shared, phase 1.
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:It says right in the data that Brian shared, phase 1.
Never mind didn't see it. So no need for extra $$$.
sp1989

Post by sp1989 »

Not yet at least :mrgreen:
cvrules90

Post by cvrules90 »

sp1989 wrote:Not yet at least :mrgreen:
That's good. I bet they'll encrypt everything police-related as per the usual but we shall soon find out.
Jlanfn

Post by Jlanfn »

Sometime recently it appears that most talkgroups were moved to encrypted transmissions for field units while dispatch consoles remained in the clear. I confirmed even the long time talkgroup patch for Fontana PD has some encryption from the field units who are on the P25 side. It seems at this moment only the High Desert Detention Center remains fully in the clear.
inlandpatch

Post by inlandpatch »

Jlanfn wrote:Sometime recently it appears that most talkgroups were moved to encrypted transmissions for field units while dispatch consoles remained in the clear. I confirmed even the long time talkgroup patch for Fontana PD has some encryption from the field units who are on the P25 side. It seems at this moment only the High Desert Detention Center remains fully in the clear.
i have noticed the same but it seems like its only the field units that are enc, when dispatch talks it seems like its in the clear. wonder if they would fix this or would San Bernardino be the next LASO as talking terms. (dispatch only in clear and cannot hear field units) :?:
Jlanfn

Post by Jlanfn »

On Tuesday, September 15, the County Board of Supervisors will be approving an amendment to the rebanding agreement with Nextel. It will revise the agreement from a system re-tuning to a system upgrade to be performed under the current system upgrade contract with Motorola.

Review the documents here.